IGNORED

A world of trouble

Black Owl

I bought Gas at a Chevron Station, in Olympia Wa. last Week.

Went into conviencence store there to get a cup of Coffee.

At last min. I asked for a pack of Cigs !! The lady got them, then

asked to see my ID !!!!!!!

I asked her if I appeared to be about 65 years old to her, and she said " yes you do "

I then told her she could keep the pack of cigs . Paid for the coffee and left.

Serves you right for even STOPPING at a Chevron. :rasberry:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we're on the topic of "North America", why is it that only the folks in the USA are referred to as "Americans". There is North & South America...if we live in either, are we not an American?

:witch_brew:

I've thought about this myself but what are you gonna call us? US'ers or users.

No, Tom

San Antonio is now a densely populated suburb of Mexico!!

And y'all better watch it, I here they are looking to annex Blanco, Bulverde, and Kerrville next.:stirthepot::stirthepot::whistling::whistling::rasberry:

On a more serious note, as soon as Mocha is back on line we need to plan a San Antonio meeting for our eating club with a riding disorder!

J. B.

Since we're on the topic of "North America", why is it that only the folks in the USA are referred to as "Americans". There is North & South America...if we live in either, are we not an American?

USA (United States of America) The possibilities are Unitians, Statians, or Americans!!!!!

The other countries in North America are Canada where Canadians live, and Mexico where Mexicans live. In South America there are Peruvians, Chileans, Bolivians and do I need to go on. None of the other countries have America in their name.

my wife was just in south Texas visiting some friends. One of them said she knew someone who lived in Edmonton, and wondered if that were close to where we lived (just north of Toronto). It's hard to know how to respond to such naivety.

A friend and I used to go surf fishing down a 4-wheel drive only beach called Big Shell. We always stopped at the last place we could get gas to top off our tanks. We pulled up to the pumps and went inside to prepay. Each of us left a $20.

Mine was the smaller truck and topped off first. I went back inside to get my change. The guy walked over to the machine that showed the purchase amount and picked up the 2 twenties we had given him. He just stood there and looked at them for what seemed like an awfully long time.

Finally he turned to me and asked, "Do you remember which one of these was yours?" I couldn't believe it. I just pointed to one and said that was mine.

No, Tom

San Antonio is now a densely populated suburb of Mexico!!

And y'all better watch it, I here they are looking to annex Blanco, Bulverde, and Kerrville next.:stirthepot::stirthepot::whistling::whistling::rasberry:

On a more serious note, as soon as Mocha is back on line we need to plan a San Antonio meeting for our eating club with a riding disorder!

J. B.[

/q That sounds good to me..Hope it warms up though and it will give my back a little more time to heal up.(Pulled a muscle) Doing OK now but hope not to aggrevatate it. . Tom

As a Cashier I have to agree on the younger kids and money. Most of the time I have no problem fiqureing amounts out but if in question go to the calulator. But no if they have a question they ask me what is the amount. Trying working with someone that is burnout just as bad. Have one cashier that every question on this thead she wouldn't know:confused24::puzzled::think:. Try working with her 3 days a week :headache::doh::yikes::bang head: She has been working there a year and still has to ask how to do things can't remember amounts and heaven forbid you give her a $100 bill. I don't understand how some people graduate from school. And yes I have to work with her the next three nights PRAY FOR ME PLEASE. And yes I feel just a little bit better :rant: Maybe I should go get some Ice Cream :fnd_(16):before I go to work maybe Peppermint or Apple Pie in a Waffle cone. Think that would help guys.

If you really want to see how stupid people in the US have become, ask someone between 16 and 30 who is seated in the Lincoln Monument, or who is standing in the Jefferson Memorial. Or, just ask them the capitol of their state. I would almost bet that they can't answer two of the three questions correctly. The only ones that can get the change correct without the register is the waitresses/waiters at Sonic !!!

If you really want to see how stupid people in the US have become, ask someone between 16 and 30 who is seated in the Lincoln Monument, or who is standing in the Jefferson Memorial. Or, just ask them the capitol of their state. I would almost bet that they can't answer two of the three questions correctly. The only ones that can get the change correct without the register is the waitresses/waiters at Sonic !!!

heck, even Canucks between 16 & 30 don't know those answers!

:sign20: :witch_brew:

Websters:

American

of or relating to the United States or its possessions or original territory

Websters:

American

of or relating to the United States or its possessions or original territory

Interestingly enuf, Webster's is from the USA...

Webster's Dictionary is the common title given to English language dictionaries in the United States, derived from American lexicographer Noah Webster.

Wikipedia...

American may mean:

It's interesting that nobody has mentioned the parents of this 'younger generation' that can't function and that doesn't have even the most basic knowledge base.

If it weren't for parents who are expect every child to get the very best grade (and blame the teacher if their kids don't get it) and hamstring the educational system with lawsuits and complaints about discrimination if their children are scolded, or otherwise told to straighten up, I think a lot of these issues would go away.

In short- the schools are meeting the expectations of the parents- bowing to the atmosphere of entitlement and ease of living that the parents feel their kids deserve. We can't blame the next generation for the system that 'we' have allowed to develop.

:rotf:I like that one! Sounds like a good idea.

Or maybe we could just simply start some sort of system, where you have to reach a certain IQ or education level before you are aloud to have children. :confused24:

Black Owl - if a hunting dog was that stupid you would probably shoot it.

I heard of a guy getting into trouble at a fast-food joint when he paid for his coffee with a $2.00 bill. Both the clerk and the manager thought he was trying to pass a counterfeit bill. He let them call the police. The guy and the cop had a good laugh and then the cop explained what was going on to the two behind the counter.

I would also agree that it's not the kids fault. My generation has to deal with what our forefathers have done. I guess I would call it a trickle effect. We can't expect the younger generations to be smart if we don't give them a proper education. The way I see it, there's a difference between stupid and uneducated.

How many of you know that it is not "Mexico" but the "United States of Mexico"? Sorry, I don't know how to say it in Spanish.

When Canada went metric ( everything is on a base of 10) we had a co- worker convinced that clocks and compases were also going to be metric.

He raged about it for a couple of months.

I had one woman deckhand (promoted to deckhand by the capt...don't ask) I had to re-explain to her every morning that you turn the wheel right to lock the anchor and left to drop it. We never let her off the anchor deck...it was too dangerous.

How many of you know that it is not "Mexico" but the "United States of Mexico"? Sorry, I don't know how to say it in Spanish.

When Canada went metric ( everything is on a base of 10) we had a co- worker convinced that clocks and compases were also going to be metric.

He raged about it for a couple of months.

I had one woman deckhand (promoted to deckhand by the capt...don't ask) I had to re-explain to her every morning that you turn the wheel right to lock the anchor and left to drop it. We never let her off the anchor deck...it was too dangerous.

"ESTADOS UNIDOS MEXICANOS" or so it says on their coins!

just jt

This is something I have thought for a while now; if we live anywhere in North or South America it makes us ALL Americans! I usually refer to my southern neighbors as US citizens, not just Americans. I think it is a little more definitive and fair to our friends in the States.