IGNORED

Military Decal Mounting

Pastor Steve

I am retired Navy and need to have a new decal put on my Venture. Previously it was on the windshield, but I had a new one made, which my wife doesn't like because its to low. So I would like to mount the decal some where else on the bike as I will probably be changing out the windshield occassionally. But no on the sheet metal preferably. Does anyone know of something that will work on the Venture? Any military out there who have dealt with this or something similar? Thanks

i would put my decals on the back of the saddlebags under the rear turn signal on the flat surface. So people behind can see them.

I am retired Navy and need to have a new decal put on my Venture. Previously it was on the windshield, but I had a new one made, which my wife doesn't like because its to low. So I would like to mount the decal some where else on the bike as I will probably be changing out the windshield occassionally. But no on the sheet metal preferably. Does anyone know of something that will work on the Venture? Any military out there who have dealt with this or something similar? Thanks

When I was in the Air Force from 1972 to 1982 we had to have a decal on our vehicles to get on base. I did not want to stick it on the fork leg because it never came off cleanly. I fabricated a a plate that bolted to the fork leg. One day I was stopped at the main gate and this young SP tells me that the decal is not right and must be on the fork leg. I said it was fine on the plate. He said the plate could be unbolted and removed. I said the fork can be unbolted and removed.

I asked to see his supervisor. The supervisor agreed with me and I went on my merry way.

:cool10:

Great place to put it is on the plastic piece just below the headlight. The one that covers the bolts that hold the passing lamps on. Nice thing about that is you can pop it off and throw it in the saddlbag if you feel the need. No one else would know that it pops off so no one would take it. Mine has been there on both my bikes totalling 8 years with no problems.

Lower wind deflector on mine. And Boomer, thanks for releasing pygmies on the Army bases. I got lost on a land nav course and ran across one. Tasty with ketchup.

Glad to be of service!!

Boomer....who sez they taste better wit Hickory Bar-b-Q sauce....:whistling:

Great place to put it is on the plastic piece just below the headlight. The one that covers the bolts that hold the passing lamps on. Nice thing about that is you can pop it off and throw it in the saddlbag if you feel the need. No one else would know that it pops off so no one would take it. Mine has been there on both my bikes totalling 8 years with no problems.

You wouldn't necessarily need to toss it in a bag. Just flip it over so that the decal is on the bottom out of view. :cool10:

Larry

You wouldn't necessarily need to toss it in a bag. Just flip it over so that the decal is on the bottom out of view. :cool10:

Larry

On the newer stickers maybe. I still have an older sticker and it covers most of it. The only time I ever took it off was when I rode through Camp Lejeune on Hwy 172 to Myrtle Beach, when it was open to the public. That way I didn't have to conform to the base rules about long sleves, vest, and what not.