IGNORED

Bikes with cruise control

royalstar09

On a 1st gen , I have learned not to rest my hand on top of the switches , found out there is a kill switch on top of it , did not know that I had hit it untill I had pulled to the side if the road :bang head: now I just pick the bugs out of my ears :rotf: OH I forgot with cruse it is easyer to Dial and Text on the cell phone :stickpoke::whistling:

I rest my right hand on top of the front brake master, or the end of the handlebar upright (1st Gen). This allows me to lean forward and take the weight off of my back. My other bike is a ZX11D Ninja and it's seating position is much better on my back . . . I guess I need to fall off of my wallet and buy a driver's back rest for the VR.

BTW: I love the VR cruise control. However, it does not let me briefly take my hand away to scratch or something. Has anyone added a throttle clamp to a 1st Gen?

Now where my hands are resting depends on if I've got a female passenger on board. Wait wait wait, don't hit that delete button! ;) We all know if you got a passenger on board you've got to be careful and keep your hands on the bars, right :smile5:

I rest my right hand on top of the front brake master, or the end of the handlebar upright (1st Gen). This allows me to lean forward and take the weight off of my back. My other bike is a ZX11D Ninja and it's seating position is much better on my back . . . I guess I need to fall off of my wallet and buy a driver's back rest for the VR.

BTW: I love the VR cruise control. However, it does not let me briefly take my hand away to scratch or something. Has anyone added a throttle clamp to a 1st Gen?

Why cant you take your hand off? I rest my hand on my knee for miles at a time (or on a pretty passengers knee) and have no issues unless its real windy or a steep hill. My cruise is even better this year since I had all the throttle cables replaced it seems to set quicker and doesnt bump off at small hills as quickly as it used to.

I wonder if you need a cable tightened up or if you have a small vacuum leak?

I also have throttle rockers on right and left as it allows me to open my hands while riding and makes a nice wider place to rest my hands to avoid cramping in my hands.(they sell them as a set for the left and right for about 20 bucks)

Brian

Why cant you take your hand off? I rest my hand on my knee for miles at a time (or on a pretty passengers knee) and have no issues unless its real windy or a steep hill. --- I also have throttle rockers on right and left as it allows me to open my hands while riding and makes a nice wider place to rest my hands to avoid cramping in my hands.(they sell them as a set for the left and right for about 20 bucks)

Brian

Ditto --- I love my cruise control and find my most comfortable ride position when under cruise is resting my hand on my right leg. When I want that extra stability feeling, I generally rest the palm of my hand on the throttle handle. Like others, I learned not to rest my hand over the kill switch, which is where I would prefer if it weren't for the switch. Been thinking about trying to jerry rig some protection so I can rest my hand there when I want to. For some reason, it doesn't feel good for me using the mirror or the brake fluid reservoir.

OK...you lost me there. Why does it not allow you to take your hand off?

You missed the part about "briefly". I've had a throttle lock on my ZX11 for years and I like the way I can lock it, reach up and scratch my nose, and return to the throttle in the time it takes the VR cruise control to engage. In other words, the VR cruise control is SLOW to engage for those moments when I am in town and need my right hand off the throttle "briefly".

You missed the part about "briefly". I've had a throttle lock on my ZX11 for years and I like the way I can lock it, reach up and scratch my nose, and return to the throttle in the time it takes the VR cruise control to engage. In other words, the VR cruise control is SLOW to engage for those moments when I am in town and need my right hand off the throttle "briefly".

Ahh! I understood it to mean that you could only take your hand off the throttle breifly and it would fail, i had it bass-ackwards.....

Brian

Gary, are you without a left hand?