IGNORED

Possibly my BEST addition to the scoot

SilvrT

Cagers just don't LOOK, and especially at this time of year when biking season is just beginning. Not only that but it seems cagers are getting more and more "lax" at having any consideration at all of others. They ride their brakes for no reason, go slow in the passing lane, run red lights, turn left in front of you, make right hand turns on a red without stopping first.... the list is endless. One of the other things they do is change lanes without signalling or looking.

I am SO GLAD I installed my Stebel Air horn!!! Took the day off yesterday to do some riding as the weatherman blessed us with a nice warm sunny day amidst a lot of cool, rainy ones. TWICE I had to BLAST the Stebel at cagers attempting to change into my lane without realizing I was there. No signalling, no looking over their right shoulder ..... GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR what's wrong with people these days??? There are more and more bikers on the road every year yet peoples driving habits seem to be getting worse and worse ... especially here in "Hongcouver"!

OK.... I'm done venting now.

Good point, but consider how ofter cagers will pull into a truck and you know we have very little chance unless we let them know we are there. I have absolutely no doubt that my air horns have saved my life, or at least some very serious injury.

Thanks for the post and I hope it will get other's attention to install very loud airhorns also.

RandyA

I will be installing a second Bad Boy air horn for this summer.

One is good, so 2 must be better.

I will now have one on each side of the bike.

If I can get the ambition and the budget to align, I still want to install a set of real train horns. Makes the Stebel and Bad Boy air horns sound wimpy.. :thumbsup:

To get the train horns I will have to sacrifice one of the side bags to hold the air tank and compressor.

I wish it were legal to mount a strobe light, like the ones on a school bus, on a flag pole off the back.

Agreed. I used mine quite a bit too. Seemed to get an extra work out last summer when I was up in that little town of yours too. My only regret with mine is that I DID NOT INSTALL IT SOONER!!!

One of these days I'll get around to putting a second one on too :yikes:

I wish it were legal to mount a strobe light, like the ones on a school bus, on a flag pole off the back.

I have probably put over 100,000 miles on my 83 with strobe lights mounted in the headlight bucket. In fact, I have two sets, one not as bright I run at night and the brighter ones during the day. These are like the ones installed in the NASCAR pacecar lights. I have the strobe frequency set slower so it does not look like an emergency vehicle. So far, I have only had one cop take issue with the headlight setup and he stopped me just to tell me they are technically illegal. Come to fine out, he has two crotch rockets. I did get pulled over by a Tennessee State trooper at about 1am coming back from the Honda Hoot because at that time I had strobes mounted inside my brake light lens and he told me that I could not have them behind a colored lens. I now have them in the lights in my upper trunk lightbar. The lens have faded clear, but the LED bulbs I also have in them are red.

RandyA

I already have the dual stebel horns. The strobe lights would be even better yet. Then I wouldn't have to rely upon my reaction time AND theirs to avoid being hit. What is your set up? I'd like to put some on my 89.

Iowa Guy

I have probably put over 100,000 miles on my 83 with strobe lights mounted in the headlight bucket. In fact, I have two sets, one not as bright I run at night and the brighter ones during the day. These are like the ones installed in the NASCAR pacecar lights. I have the strobe frequency set slower so it does not look like an emergency vehicle. So far, I have only had one cop take issue with the headlight setup and he stopped me just to tell me they are technically illegal. Come to fine out, he has two crotch rockets. I did get pulled over by a Tennessee State trooper at about 1am coming back from the Honda Hoot because at that time I had strobes mounted inside my brake light lens and he told me that I could not have them behind a colored lens. I now have them in the lights in my upper trunk lightbar. The lens have faded clear, but the LED bulbs I also have in them are red.

RandyA

Knock on wood, I've only had to use the bad boy one time, when a commuter in St Screwy didn't see the "exit only" sign for a mile, and then heads over when I'm lookin' in his window.

Boy did his eyes get big fast,

And he'll probably sue me for his Chiropractor bill after his head snapped left.

But out puttin' solo as much as I do, I think my modulating headlight helps me be seen as well.

Later, Scooter Bob