IGNORED

A "In Your Best Interest" Warning.....

BoomerCPO

"You probably won't ever run into this situation unless you are at a 1% event or 1% bar etc. If you are in a public place, even if there are 1%ers, usually they won't say anything."

YUP! It's just good ole fashon COMMON SENSE...

Just like going into rundown seedy looking bars, with motorcycles only, no cars. It's probably a gangs turf...

There use to be the Hershey bar outside of Ripley WV. It got closed down due to the violent nature of the people that hung out there. Drugs, stabbings and shootings, yup, got er shut down permanent! Good riddance!

Groups of people that don't work for a living and ride +$20,000 motorcycles is initself a SIGN! Just how do you think they make their money?

Alcohol, Drugs and gangs... why would you even want to go there?

Thanks for the heads up.

Hopefully it will diswade a curious rider from getting EdUcAtEd thru experience.:Avatars_Gee_George:

The movie WILD HOGS comes to mind for some strange reason LOL...

I've got to agree with the Cap'n. Why would you WANT to hang out with a group of grown men who've nothing better to do than dress up and play "pirate"??:stirthepot:. Methinks the smart move if you encounter pirates on the road would be just to turn up the wick a touch and wave bye bye, 'cause afterall "real bikers" are on Hardleys with Looonng wheelbases, Just outrun 'em..... (sorry guys, I just couldn't resist:whistling:)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I thank you for an eye opening post to think Wild Hogs is more than a comedy and could be real life. I enjoy being on my bike just like the Wild Hogs but never really thought I would have to worry about the situation they found them selfs in. I really hope I don't run into the motorcycle cop situation also.:thumbsup:

"I really hope I don't run into the motorcycle cop situation also."

Now that guy on Wild Hogs was even Scarier than the outlaw groups. LOL

Seriously though, it is not worth you or your wifes life to make a stand when confronted by a outlaw group, or, a robber. Take the jacket off or hand them the wallet. It's just not worth it.

In doing so, it would not be giving anyone respect, it would only be, lets just say, "In your best interest(s)".

After I take my jacket off, and... I would, am I going to be friends with them? NO!

After a robber robs me, am I gonna turn around and buddy up with him? NO!

I reserve my respect for the fighting men and women in our armed forces and a few others of my choice. None of them are criminals...

Edited by CaptainJoe

member of the CVMA

A "rocker" is a patch of any shape,color,or design which indicates territory and is placed beneath the large back patch.

Example....My CVMA back patch would violate protocol if I put a "rocker" under it which said Lake Charles,La. or simply Louisiana.

I have been with the CVMA long enough to say that in every instance where a problem has occurred with the 1%'ers in any given State it was because a member of the CVMA had put that territorial "rocker" under his back patch.

Anyone interested in reading about 1 % and the difference between them and a riding association or group, please go to this web site http://www.rcvsmc.net/index.html

There a lot of information Bob

wtheck is a Hershey bar?

The name of a bar outside Ripley,WV.

The Hershey bar, was a rundown seedy looking bar with mainly motorcycle only customers.

It's was a gangs turf... Urine on the bathroom floor, nasty place...

as fas as I know there was only one of them... with an emphasis on WAS!

Thanks... I've been in some of those known by other names. Best to steer clear of them.

I am a LE and have a friend who's friend that wanted to started a MC and call it the "Defenders" made up of only LE's. We both decided it was a bad idea because of the 1%ers. We both carry off duty, but who needs the trouble. We enjoys riding and meeting people and really try to avoid issues while off duty.

Thanks Boomer, I really appreciate this info and the thread. While I have no desire to be or dress like a 1%er, it's good to know what to expect when I happen to encounter them. Actually, I've met a few at gas stations, etc and they were always very polite, after all we do share a love of motorcycles and riding. We just don't agree on lifestyle. Now if for any reason I find myself in their "house" (most likely by accident) I will respect their rules. If they were in my house I would expect the same from them. I'm not going to be disrespectful by going into their house and tell them how to act, but in the same respect at my house I will violently defend my rules and my way of life. I would think most people feel the same way.

Boomer, many thanks for again passing on this information. This ole Army E5 has learned enough in my lifetime to listen to those who have "been there" and "seen that" and who are good enough to share that information. I have learned so much since being a part of VentureRider.Org.......it has done so much to enhance not only my riding experience, but also life experiences......Thanks again Boomer and the rest........

I belong to a club out of Franklin Indiana. We are not 1%, but we had a back patch made a few years ago. It's a all in one patch not a 3 patch . But we did have Franklin Indiana put on it. We have not put are vest on for a little over a year oh. Because one member had his on and we heard about it from a under cover police officer. The under cover office is a member of are club. He retired this Janurary.We have a few more retired cops and one still working has a member. Right now the we are getting the Council of Clubs to ok it. They now know we are not into any of there money making deal so we are not threat to them. That all we are is about 10 of use put up some money to buy a old house and we had a garage build last year to work on are bike in. Right now we have about 22 members. Here is what are patch look like.

Edited by Michael_Bishop

If you wear a leather vest and choose to put a LARGE back patch on it with territorial "rockers" under the patch you are in violation of the Motorcycle Protocol of any 1%'er Club which may be located in your State.

Make no mistake about it....These 1%'ers take this SERIOUSLY and will confront you. If you are lucky they will request you take off the vest....There will be NO 2nd request forthcoming....There will be no discussion/debate from them regarding your RIGHT to wear whatever you want. Violence is the norm because this violation of their Motorcycle Protocol is a direct insult and show of disrespect to their Club.

I'm posting this in the best interest of ALL members of this Site. I will NOT debate this issue on this Forum. To each his own regarding your individual actions.

Regards and respect to all......Boomer

I am currently a "proby" for a "three patch" club. The local 1%'ers don't hassle us for the simple fact we are all (at a minimum) First Responder certified and we volunteer to provide first aid services to local clubs.

The club is Knights Of Life (http://www.knightsoflife.org/index.html), and I am a member of Virginia Chapter #4.

The club was founded over 20 years ago in New Jersey by a group of EMTs and Paramedics.

If Y'All get to Rolling Thunder this year, stop by and say Hey...

BTW: What Boats were you on? I rode USS Tecumseh (SSBN-628).

Y'All ride safe...

I am going to the local Outlaws clubhouse tomorrow night, for dinner and fellowship. I know the local chapter president personally, and he's a good guy. The Outlaws do a lot of good things around here. I know they do things that aren't exactly legal, but they also do alot of good. They do things like block traffic for funerals, and help raise money for charities such as toys for tots. They aren't all as bad as they seem. I respect them for the good things they do, and they respect me also.

If you wear a leather vest and choose to put a LARGE back patch on it with territorial "rockers" under the patch you are in violation of the Motorcycle Protocol of any 1%'er Club which may be located in your State.

Make no mistake about it....These 1%'ers take this SERIOUSLY and will confront you. If you are lucky they will request you take off the vest....There will be NO 2nd request forthcoming....There will be no discussion/debate from them regarding your RIGHT to wear whatever you want. Violence is the norm because this violation of their Motorcycle Protocol is a direct insult and show of disrespect to their Club.

I'm posting this in the best interest of ALL members of this Site. I will NOT debate this issue on this Forum. To each his own regarding your individual actions.

Regards and respect to all......Boomer

We were told at the last CVMA meeting not to even put our Vermont battle flag with 26-2 on the back. It is ok to have it on the front but not the back with the CVMA patch.

You know the more I read about this the more questions pop up... So, our motorcycle combat vets group is going out of their way to pacify outlaw groups. They are currently asking these groups permission to wear a combat vet patch with rockers on their back???

Sounds like we need to stop looking into militias in this country and start focusing on these outlaws. Perhaps we are.:whistling:

You know the old saying, keep your friends close and "your enemies closer"...

They are actually helping Uncle Sam out by dispaying their affiliations... Bet the FBI and other law renforcement groups get a real chuckle out of that...

Yammer Dan, "And it don't slow them down a bit!! Remember when you were young? A long time ago? And you thought you could do anything you wanted too?? Dead friends and friends in Jail might wake you up?? "

???????????????

Was meant for me?

I had childhood friends that later started riding motorcyles that have either ended up in jail or died, because they got involved in illegal activities. They knew the consequences and were ok with it.

So am I.

Edited by CaptainJoe

Yammer Dan, "And it don't slow them down a bit!! Remember when you were young? A long time ago? And you thought you could do anything you wanted too?? Dead friends and friends in Jail might wake you up?? "

???????????????

Was meant for me?

I had childhood friends that later started riding motorcyles that have either ended up in jail or died, because they got involved in illegal activities. They knew the consequences and were ok with it.

So am I.

NO just way some of them may have felt

member of the CVMA

A "rocker" is a patch of any shape,color,or design which indicates territory and is placed beneath the large back patch.

Example....My CVMA back patch would violate protocol if I put a "rocker" under it which said Lake Charles,La. or simply Louisiana.

I have been with the CVMA long enough to say that in every instance where a problem has occurred with the 1%'ers in any given State it was because a member of the CVMA had put that territorial "rocker" under his back patch.

My vest has my family crest on the back, an eagle above it, and my sir name under it.....no location, territory, etc, I assume I'm safe?

You know the fact that these 1%er's do community work (toys for tots, etc.) should not excuse what they are really about. We should'nt allow them to hid behind their "I'm really a good guy" persona.

It's my belief that they do those types of things so that the community will turn their heads to the majority of their activities, i.e., illegal arms, drugs, etc. I mean that's what their territorial control/respect is all about anyway. It's really about the amount of money they can make in their "territory" doing whatever they can to make it including selling drugs (that ruin lives) to our grandchildren.

They actually believe themselves to be outside the law.

Some people in this thread need to "check their attitudes" at the door!

It's easy to play the "have a go hero" in an internet forum, but this talk of defending yourself with "what you have under your shirt" is infantile and nonsense. You could end up very dead .... For a vest???

Consider this:

Motorcycle Clubs, albeit without the legitimacy of law, consider certain patch combinations very much in the same way that Corporations treat registered trademarks.

You can no more stick an Apple Logo on your crappy mp3 player, than you can wear the patches you are not entitled to. That's the view.

Apple would hit you with an army of lawyers, the 1% ers would hit you with a chain.

Take your pick.

Apple would hit you with an army of lawyers, the 1% ers would hit you with a chain.

Take your pick.

This made me laugh out loud for some reason.

Speaking of which, I was at a local biker bar where I play blues from time to time, and noticed a few Banditos pulling in. Kinda kept to themselves, but I damn sure knew who THEY were! :)

My vest has my family crest on the back, an eagle above it, and my sir name under it.....no location, territory, etc, I assume I'm safe?

Don't assume anything!! Just be forewarned and forearmed if you do. (meaning you may be asked to remove the vest and you probably should).

You know the fact that these 1%er's do community work (toys for tots, etc.) should not excuse what they are really about. We should'nt allow them to hid behind their "I'm really a good guy" persona.

It's my belief that they do those types of things so that the community will turn their heads to the majority of their activities, i.e., illegal arms, drugs, etc. I mean that's what their territorial control/respect is all about anyway. It's really about the amount of money they can make in their "territory" doing whatever they can to make it including selling drugs (that ruin lives) to our grandchildren.

They actually believe themselves to be outside the law.

#1 - Okay, don't go lumping all of them together and say all do. There may be some who don't.

#2 - I think this thread is starting to get a bit political and it would be a shame to let an informative thread be locked or, worse, deleted because some let their political bent get away from them.

Captain joe, you and I think a lot alike but I refused to air my thoughts and make this political... please watch the talk.

Just one Question ..

How would you Folks all feel about someone which goes in the Army or Navy Surplus and comes out wearing a Marines or Army Combat Uniform or an Officers Unform. Would you pay him Respect or would you rip those Shoulder Boards or Insignia of his Shoulders ? The Services means something you you all, most of you are proud to have served your Country.

What if somebody would buy a Medal of Honor and wear it at anofficial Function ?

These Backpatches and Patches mean something to them. Each and every Member has paid his Dues (sometimes a LOT of Money) and even more important, they earned with their personal Availabilty for all Kinds of Activities as Prospect and a Lot of Time invested.

It's not a much different Point of View from their Perspective. Think about it and act wise.

If you stumble upon a Episode of Sons of Anarchy, watch it, get over the Violence and compute the Rest. Yes, it Hollywood, but there's much more Truth to the MC Matters in that Show than most would believe.

Just one Question ..

How would you Folks all feel about someone which goes in the Army or Navy Surplus and comes out wearing a Marines or Army Combat Uniform or an Officers Unform. Would you pay him Respect or would you rip those Shoulder Boards or Insignia of his Shoulders ? The Services means something you you all, most of you are proud to have served your Country.

What if somebody would buy a Medal of Honor and wear it at anofficial Function ?

These Backpatches and Patches mean something to them. Each and every Member has paid his Dues (sometimes a LOT of Money) and even more important, they earned with their personal Availabilty for all Kinds of Activities as Prospect and a Lot of Time invested.

It's not a much different Point of View from their Perspective. Think about it and act wise.

If you stumble upon a Episode of Sons of Anarchy, watch it, get over the Violence and compute the Rest. Yes, it Hollywood, but there's much more Truth to the MC Matters in that Show than most would believe.

Good point but I think that's like comparing apples and oranges.

While both may have put a lot of time and effort into getting said patches and medals one has gone about it honorably while the other has broken the law and gotten their patches in a dishonorable way.

I don't know, maybe they think their way of doing things is honorable but I would think that the majority of this country thinks otherwise. I would bet that the majority of your country thinks the same.

I also think that both sides would handle the situations you put forth in 2 different ways. I believe that most of those who served in the military, if confronted with that situation, would act more honorably than beating someone within' an inch of their lives. I kind of doubt the 1% ers would stop at the inch.

I'm not talking about "Outlaw" or law abiding Citizen. That a Matter of Perspective. One Man's Hero's is the other one's Terrorist.

I'm talking about a wearing a Cut, a Vest, a Colour, whatever you may call and being Member of a Motorcycle Club with a MC. It's their "Uniform", their Ranks and their Way of Thinking.

Of Course as a non-MC Member, you can wear anything what you want anywhere you like, but you may have to defend your very Right to do so.

I don't get why it's so a big Business for some People. They won't buy a Fake Medal of Honour and wear it with Pride in public, why would they wear a Vest with a large Back Patch and Rockers above and beneath ? It's a Statement, like it or not, so why would one seek Confrontation ? It's like Simon sending Bruce Willis into Harlem, wearing an offending Sign in the third Die Hard Movie, ok, not exactly because you choose what to wear, John MacLane was forced to do that ...

If you think again about it, you may very well also make up a Rocker with "Danger Seeker" on it. Think about it and choose wisely. I said everything i have to add to the Subject.

Edited by Squeeze
typed to fast, missed Words