IGNORED

Ebay changes fee for selling

dingy

I got an email from Ebay today indicating that they are going to start charging final selling fees on sold items that include the shipping cost.

As a carrot type thing, they are now giving 50 free listings a month, so there may be a lot more junk type items listed.

This may eliminate the practice that some sellers have been using to reduce the cost of selling items, which is to inflate the shipping cost.

I sell some of my wrenches on there and have had them listed as free shipping for a while. Cost reflected this, but it seemed like an eye catcher to someone looking.

On a related note, does anyone know how to do a search for Venture parts on Ebay and not get the snowmobile stuff. The Japs didn't know many English words apparently, so they made a snowmobile the same name.

This is the search string I use, which eliminates a bunch of snowmobile & 2nd gen stuff, but not all.

yamaha venture -gt -700 -1999 -2000 -2001 -2002 -2003 -2004 -2005 -2006 -2007 -2008 -2009 -rsv -600 -snow -star -enticer -blaster -600cc -480cc -wave -viper -vector -xenon -phazer -mountain -exciter -snow* -srx -venom -vt600 -vt480 -vt700 -sxr -carbide

Gary

Guest scarylarry

I always type in Yamaha Venture, then the tab on the left side show motorcycles and that always took me there..

If the seller didn't check motorcyle when they listed it then it is toss up on finding it.

on edit: http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Motorcycle-Parts-/10063/i.html?_nkw=yamaha+venture&_catref=1&_dmpt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&_fln=1&_trksid=p4506.c0.m282

I like the listing changes. I get tired of paying $1.25 plus $13.00 shipping (example). I try to at all cost avoid ANY seller who inflates shipping to avoid paying their share of selling cost. As a business owner I only wish I could skate by with shady business like practices as these sellers do. ACTUAL shipping cost will do just fine. :D

When I use your search I get 8,577 hits.

With mine it is down to 6,147 hits.

If you have a 2nd gen, you could edit the string to this. It would then eliminate most of the 1st gen items.

These searches can then be stored in your profile.

yamaha venture -gt -700 -1983 -1984 -1985 -1986 -1987 -1988 -1989 -1990 -1991 -1992 -1993 -600 -snow -star -enticer -blaster -600cc -480cc -wave -viper -vector -xenon -phazer -mountain -exciter -snow* -srx -venom -vt600 -vt480 -vt700 -sxr -carbide

With this search, I get 4,174 hits.

Gary

As far as the search goes I was reminded here that all the search features are only as smart as, and assuming that the seller knows what they have to sell. I found Yamaha Royal Star Venture items that the description says NOT for royal star venture. The issue I find is Yamaha has too many royal stars for the averange seller to know exactly how to list them.

As far as the search goes I was reminded here that all the search features are only as smart as, and assuming that the seller knows what they have to sell. I found Yamaha Royal Star Venture items that the description says NOT for royal star venture. The issue I find is Yamaha has too many royal stars for the averange seller to know exactly how to list them.

I just planted a Royal Star Japanese magnolia in my yard...

:missingtooth:

When I use your search I get 8,577 hits.

With mine it is down to 6,147 hits.

If you have a 2nd gen, you could edit the string to this. It would then eliminate most of the 1st gen items.

These searches can then be stored in your profile.

yamaha venture -gt -700 -1983 -1984 -1985 -1986 -1987 -1988 -1989 -1990 -1991 -1992 -1993 -600 -snow -star -enticer -blaster -600cc -480cc -wave -viper -vector -xenon -phazer -mountain -exciter -snow* -srx -venom -vt600 -vt480 -vt700 -sxr -carbide

With this search, I get 4,174 hits.

Gary

Try looking at auctions only. :bang head: