IGNORED

newcomer

david Taylor

just purchased an 01 RSV that looks brand new. it's a real eye catcher. I sold my gl1800 and wanted something with a bit of an attitude and the rsv is just right. the only thing i don't like is that high ptich whine and the confusing radio controls. Looking forward to many miles of crusin. I live in the piney woods of northeast texas. i would like to add some lights to make me more visible front and back. any suggestions as i haven't had time to look around yet. also is there a particular brand of tire that is everyones favorite.

thanks,

David

Dave,

Welcome to the looney bin. :rotfl: I can't help you a whole lot on lights, but there are more tha enough folks who can steer you right on that issue.

Now, as for tires, I strongly recommend something with tread that holds air.

See, as I said, Welcome to the looney bin.

:15_8_211[1]:

First off welcome to the site. You will find this place more then helpfull.

A little information I stumbled with, but learned on here about the bike. You own a second generation RSV and their is a specific second generation tech section http://www.venturerider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9 you will find most helpfull. Use the search feature and multiple post on your specific questions will be found.

Welcome to the Family David!! You will have a Great Time and meet alot of fine folks, Tires are a can of worms, but most use Dunlap E3`s or Avon Venum. The chrome goodies, some one will post a site that has the best deals. Seeing how you are new to the group and in East By God Texas, you should try to make it to the SE Texas Maint. Day on the 26th, there are going to be a whole mess of folks here that can help you learn your new to you Bike and you will have a Great Time. To find the info on the Maint. Day click on the Calendar at the top of the page and then click on the SE TX MX Day on the 26th. Really hope you can make it.

Again, Welcome to the Family, make yourself at home!!

Kreg

Yah! Welcome!!

We all eventually get used to the George Jetson sound of our bikes, but there are a few things to try out, just do a search on the subject. Some have tried different clutches and the "I" basket mod, the rest of us just turn up our very confusing audio systems and drown it out! Just pop your favorite cassette into the deck and enjoy.:banana:

As far as lights go, it's all up to your imagination but there are a few standards. In the rear it's Harley style licence plate light bar, and in the front Yammi light bars with all sorts of options on bulbs from LED's to HID's. Actually, my favorite place to shop for lights is truck stops and Auto Zone.

You have a lot of helpful members down your neck of the woods, but as you will find out there are a lot of helpful members period in this big happy family we call Ventureriders!

Well welcome and say goodbye to your money. The guys will help you spend any money you want and then some. Lights there's plenty of places to get them. My hubby loves truck stops, they have lots of LED's you can use on a bike. Usually cheaper then other places.

If you like Chrome these guys can help you spend money on that too. If it can be chromed it's been chromed by someone on here. Heck probably stuff you never thought could be chromed.

Enjoy the new to you ride and get out and meet some of our crazy family members in TX.

OH hope ya like to eat and ice cream and cheesecake. I'm sure if I've missed something someone else will fill ya in.

Margaret

(crazy family members in TX.)

Must be talkin about that Squidy person!!! :rasberry:

Well welcome and say goodbye to your money. The guys will help you spend any money you want and then some. Lights there's plenty of places to get them. My hubby loves truck stops, they have lots of LED's you can use on a bike. Usually cheaper then other places.

If you like Chrome these guys can help you spend money on that too. If it can be chromed it's been chromed by someone on here. Heck probably stuff you never thought could be chromed.

Enjoy the new to you ride and get out and meet some of our crazy family members in TX.

OH hope ya like to eat and ice cream and cheesecake. I'm sure if I've missed something someone else will fill ya in.

Margaret

Welcome. This place has already saved me spending money I did not need to. This is a great bunch of people here. If you are a little off your rocker you will stand out, I have not been here long enough to say for everyone, but my rocker is in the other room and I was off it from the start. Shaun