IGNORED

Risers

Rick Haywood

For those of you that have put risers on are they hard to do? Does the fairing have to come off and are the cables and lines long enoug ar do some need changed. Also on ebay there are some from Pinwall for $20 plus shipping are these ok or should I get a different style?

I know lots of ????

Thanks

Rick

ebay risers http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Royal-Star-XVZ1300-HANDLEBAR-RISERS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c59e48a61QQitemZ190486710881QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessorieshttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Royal-Star-XVZ1300-HANDLEBAR-RISERS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c59e48a61QQitemZ190486710881QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

You don't have to remove much of anything except the handlebars

Remove the bolts

[ATTACH]54688[/ATTACH]

Slide riser in from the right

[ATTACH]54689[/ATTACH]

Insert bolts and get the started but leave some slack

[ATTACH]54690[/ATTACH]

Slide left riser in

[ATTACH]54691[/ATTACH]

Put a bit of blue thread lock on the bolts and tighten everything down

[ATTACH]54692[/ATTACH]

Jamb the rubber spacers back in upside-down and I think I put them on opposite sides

[ATTACH]54693[/ATTACH]

You slide the risers in from the side.

The rubber piece can be reinserted upside-down although others have made adapters for them.

I don't think the ones you posted the links for will work on an RSV.

The cables don't have to be changed although you may find them to be a bit tight.

Edited by SilvrT

I am looking for a set of Handlebar risers for my RSV. I really only want 1 inch ones but will take what I can find. Anybody out there got any they are willing to sell?

Im with you. I want 1" but am not able to find 1" risers in a 1" bar. All the 1" risers seem to fit 7/8" bars :confused24:

For those of you that have put risers on are they hard to do? Does the fairing have to come off and are the cables and lines long enoug ar do some need changed. Also on ebay there are some from Pinwall for $20 plus shipping are these ok or should I get a different style?

I know lots of ????

Thanks

Rick

The ones on ebay from pin wall are the ones you already have on the bike. Ill have a set of those Barons risers for sale shortly (next week) with the sides of the risers already drilled and tapped for a 1" pipe to accept the rubber dampener. Send me a PM if your interested.

I have had the 1.5 inch risers on mine since last June and they work fine. You will just have to remove the rubber grommet from underneath the chrome cover. This will let the cover, which is just as much plastic as the black ones are, move a little more freely. Be forwarned, you may have to fiddle with your cables, handlebars, and control units to keep enough slack in the cables without them binding at full lock. Also , you may need to do something to keep the fairing dampeners in place so the fairing won't vibrate and possibly cause so unforseen damage there. Below are a few pictures of what I did. I didn't like it too well at first because the risers hit the chrome cover but I got use to it and now I wouldn't have it any other way. Do a search on risers on this website and you will find a lot more. Good luck!! Attached Thumbnails attachment.php?attachmentid=51525&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1287703490 attachment.php?attachmentid=51526&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1287703597 attachment.php?attachmentid=51527&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1287703597 attachment.php?attachmentid=51528&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1287703597

For some reason I think my posts are invisible...

No Rick you're not invisible we're just ignoring you.... :whistling: I have a question. Do the risers actually raise the bars, or do they move the bar back. I sit a little tall in the saddle... and wear a white hat but we won't get into that... and I'd be interested if, when they are installed, they allowed the bars to be rotated up a bit. I don't need the bars any closer to me..

Edited by Condor

They will raise the bar 1 1/2" slightly back and up, based on the angle of the riser, if you know what I mean. It will bring the bars closer to you. For most of us it means a little less stretch and less strain in our shoulders.

They will raise the bar 1 1/2" slightly back and up, based on the angle of the riser, if you know what I mean. It will bring the bars closer to you. For most of us it means a little less stretch and less strain in our shoulders.

Although I don't need it I could live with a little back, if I could get a significant rise in the grip position. By moving the pivot point of the riser father out from underneath the dash will it allow more rotation of the bars?? A few more degrees at the point will make 2-3 inches on the grips.. That's one thing I really liked about the 1stGen is the grip position possibilities...

Although I don't need it I could live with a little back, if I could get a significant rise in the grip position. By moving the pivot point of the riser father out from underneath the dash will it allow more rotation of the bars?? A few more degrees at the point will make 2-3 inches on the grips.. That's one thing I really liked about the 1stGen is the grip position possibilities...

I'd say it's worth a try ... they sure made all the difference for me and that was one thing I really liked about the 1st gen ... you could get the grips to just about the perfect position.

If they didn't work for you, you could probably sell them to another member.... but I think you'll get close to what you're looking for with them.

(Go ahead... ignore this post) LOL

OK, I guess I studied your photos so hard that I missed what you said. I see now that you need to somehow keep the rubber dampers? against the inner fairing somehow or another. Thanks.

That's correct and there's a couple ways of doing it ... mine was a "down and dirty" method LOL ... but it worked... they've been in there for over 2 years now.

Buddy, if you are referring to me, yes I did make them. I took a piece of aluminum round stock and turned it down, drilled, and counterbored them. I also had to drill and tap the risers so the "dummy" bars would be in the exact same place for the rubber cushions to remain in their original locations.

Buddy, if you are referring to me, yes I did make them. I took a piece of aluminum round stock and turned it down, drilled, and counterbored them. I also had to drill and tap the risers so the "dummy" bars would be in the exact same place for the rubber cushions to remain in their original locations.

I bet there'd be a market for a set up like that.....

No ya'll, I didn't make the risers themselves. I drilled and tapped the risers that I bought off of Ebay and made the "dummy bars" that keep the cushions in the original place. Sorry ya'll . The second picture shows the "dummy bar" in the same location as the handlebars were before installing the risers.