IGNORED

Esso posted price

E-Fishin-C

I have attached an article, I did not have time to read this article complete but we know here anyway that because the oil in the baken oil basin is very deep in the earth and surrounded by layers of rock it is expensive to pull up but now is cheaper than forgein oil it costs around $80.00 a barrel to retrieve so oil com[anies were reluctant to drill until it went that high.

By the way last fall they announced they have discovered another oil field that is said to be as large or larger than the bakken basin, frustrating seeing the prices soar just because the oil companies want it to, anyway here is the article by Snopes

snopes.com: Bakken Formation

John

Just remember that the Mikkelsons (Snopes.com) are partly funded by George Soros and they've already found some discrepancies between what Snopes posts and actual truth.

Do a google on the USGS report without using Snopes and you can read the actual report.

Nothing like doing your own research.............

Dano

Just remember that the Mikkelsons (Snopes.com) are partly funded by George Soros and they've already found some discrepancies between what Snopes posts and actual truth.

Do a google on the USGS report without using Snopes and you can read the actual report.

Nothing like doing your own research.............

Dano

I already have done research, I found that article when I googled bakken, the info on Snopes seemed to be quoted from other articles I have read, I am running a business here that is sending material into oil field area, so I have a vested interest what is happening there, I do not rely on Snopes totally either. I would like to say everyone should research this on their own as you said and I am quite sure a lot of people will be surprised by what they find.

John

I already have done research, I found that article when I googled bakken, the info on Snopes seemed to be quoted from other articles I have read, I am running a business here that is sending material into oil field area, so I have a vested interest what is happening there, I do not rely on Snopes totally either. I would like to say everyone should research this on their own as you said and I am quite sure a lot of people will be surprised by what they find.

John

I agree, I am surprised at people who get all bent out of shape over a topic that they have never looked up the info for themselves. Some seem to enjoy getting excited over 2nd or 3rd hand info from a friend of a friend.

If youre ever up at the North side of the Bakken give me a call, see if we can meet up for a coffee.

Brian

If youre ever up at the North side of the Bakken give me a call, see if we can meet up for a coffee.

Brian

We are just starting a project in Minot one still up in the air over in Stanley I don't know if I will get as far North as your though,

John

Brian

We are just starting a project in Minot one still up in the air over in Stanley I don't know if I will get as far North as your though,

John

The local group I ride with (the CMC) is scheduling a ride down to Minot sometime this spring, its about 4 hours so its a nice length for a day ride,... but a lot of flat roads with 90 degree corners.:confused24:

Brian

I have attached an article, I did not have time to read this article complete but we know here anyway that because the oil in the baken oil basin is very deep in the earth and surrounded by layers of rock it is expensive to pull up but now is cheaper than forgein oil it costs around $80.00 a barrel to retrieve so oil com[anies were reluctant to drill until it went that high.

By the way last fall they announced they have discovered another oil field that is said to be as large or larger than the bakken basin, frustrating seeing the prices soar just because the oil companies want it to, anyway here is the article by Snopes

snopes.com: Bakken Formation

John

While you are doing your research you should research how the price of oil is set. I will give you a clue it's not set by the oil companys.

Wrote in the name my my gas station.

However, I did enjoy one gallon today (as a weee bit more) for 50 miles of lovely Colorado weather. We're supposed to have it all week and through the weekend. Meantime: Wave the bucks good bye, and have a great week riding soon.

JackZ:Venture::7_6_3[1]:

While you are doing your research you should research how the price of oil is set. I will give you a clue it's not set by the oil companys.

Don't need to research it, I have worked with commodities along time that is my business understand the procedure quite well thanks.

John

Don't need to research it, I have worked with commodities along time that is my business understand the procedure quite well thanks.

John

Oh so it was just convenient to blame the oil company's for the price increase when you know that is not true.