IGNORED

Should work where??

Yammer Dan

He is already offering to replace. But I really would like to have these things. I don't know crap about computers but thought they would play in my DVD player or the computer. Computer is Dell's top one and not that old. Has CD Rewrite.

He is already offering to replace. But I really would like to have these things. I don't know crap about computers but thought they would play in my DVD player or the computer. Computer is Dell's top one and not that old. Has CD Rewrite.

When you put the disc in does anything happen? Put the disc in a click on My Computer. See if it is recognising the disc.

Dan,

It's not like a movie DVD.

Put it in your DVD drive, then open the drive in the My Computer area.

On the DVD There are two .WMV files on it. These will play with Windows Media Player.

Double click on file File_1_of_2.wmv, it should open. If it doesn't, single click it then right click and select Open With, then select Windows Media Player. After you go through 1st file, then repeat on second file.

I you have Carb DVD, it is just one file. Same process.

I copied the files to a directory on my hard drive.

Gary

The other option is if you have a USB flash drive (with at least 8 gig of free space), you could go to visit someone that has a computer with a DVD, and copy the 3 files onto the thumb drive and then bring it home to copy to your computer for viewing.

8G flash drives start at around $15 from Best Buy, if you hunt a little you can probably find one for less.

If someone had the right software you could split those files up and put it on a bunch of CDs to copy to your computer.

If you stop over by my place I will be happy to copy the files over for you. :whistling: While we watch them of course.

As was mentioned you need a computer with a DVD player to be able to read these disks. Game machines or video DVD or blue-ray players will not be able to do it.

Edited by Flyinfool

Find a friend or family member who will convert them over to .avi, then you can watch on the tv or dvd player.

or....go to wal-mart, and buy an external dvd-rom, plug it into your outdated computer, and there ya go. (yes, I said outdated...lol) Any machine that didn't come with a dvd-rom is ancient nowadays.:stickpoke:

I only have CD drive.

Houston, We have a Problem !!

Do you have any USB ports?

Like Flyinfool said, get a USB stick, probably around $10 at Walmart, or borrow one. Go to someone who has a DVD and copy them to USB stick. Copy will only take 5 minutes or so. Then copy them to your hard drive.

If you don't have a USB, Houston, We have a Problem !!

They are way to big to email to yourself from another PC.

Is your Wii drive visible on your PC? Is it hooked up to a home network?

:think:

Gary