IGNORED

How do I stretch it??

Yammer Dan

NO NO NO!!! I have a nice pair of RIDING BOOTS. I haven't been able to get them on since my accidents and all the cutting they did on my leg & foot til this week. I finally got my bad foot into the boot but it is too tight to wear. Foot is still very tender. Hurts like he** to get it on but I really want to wear these things for some reason.How can I break in in to that foot? Wearing it is very painfull. If I soak it and wear it dry would it help? Don't know if I can stand it that long. When they put my foot back togather my instep? (top of my foot) came out higher than it was and was already higher than normal making it hard to find Slip-on boots I could wear. I really like this pair of Iron Age boots and would like to make them fit. Any ideas?? I've alredy looked for that spray-on stuff that used to be around but can't find it. I'm afraid of getting the thing on and pressure causing it to swell til I can't get it off!!

Edited by Yammer Dan

IF they're all leather, soaking and wearing till dry will work, BUT it's not very much fun. I'd look hard for a set of shoe trees that "lock". Failing that, try a decent shoe (repair) shop. They can do it without too much trouble. Only problem is "finding" a shoemaker these days:fingers-crossed-emo

Put the Boot in a warm Place, near the Oven or so and rub it thick with dubbin where you want it streched. Let it warm up for an Hour or two and then place a Rag or old Socks strategically into the Boot to strech the Areas you want. Let it sit in the Warm Place until next Day, put your Foor into a Plastic Bag will help you getting in and out of the Boot while testing. If it didn't stretch quite enough, repeat Procedure. Leather is Skin and you need to Handle it like your Skin, a little bit of Fat goes a long Way. Another Option is the old Military Saying, pee into the Boots and take a long Walk ...

Can you put a monetary value of your feet? Are they worth cutting corners on to save a few $$ ?? IMHO....Pop the $$ for a new set of boots that FIT properly.

Boomer....who sez when ya have to RUN it's best to have boots that FIT.:whistling:

`

Only problem is that I don't think he'll find boots to fit both of his feet now. He may have to just stretch one boot no matter what he does.

Margaret

`

Only problem is that I don't think he'll find boots to fit both of his feet now. He may have to just stretch one boot no matter what he does.

Margaret

Could buy two pair of boots and find the guy with same trouble I have but other foot!!:think: These are great fit for good foot and what is foot worth to me?? Got a chain saw handy??

Gonna put an ad on craig's list or ebay?

Margaret

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Soon as I figure out how to word it...:think:

Person with one good foot other one that is fatter and shorter than it used to be wants to trade boots with somebody that has shorter fatter foot on other side!!

Plus one on the shoe trees. It will be a good investment as you will have trouble getting any shoe or boot to fit right most likely. I use water to stretch and then needs foot oil after to soften them back up. Beer thirty has told about a product ha uses on his leather that is supposed to be better than anything on leather. Rod