Found this old thread. How many are using this? Is it worth the money? One thingI noticed with my RSV is I wish at time, especially riding solo It would be nice to not have to toggle thru and turn the IC volume down, only to turn back up when I am 2up. Seems like this would cut down on unwanted wind noise as well.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=992

I recently installed Mic-Mutes. They are well worth the time and money. Before Mic-mutes when my wife and I would ride for a whole day, the road, wind and engine noise would wear me out. Now, with the intercom off most of the time, we are sane when we're done for the day.

• 1 month later...

I'm interested but have a question ? Does it interfear with hearing the GPS promps , and does anybody have the mic mutes and use the buddy rich cable also . Will the 2 work together . I like the idea of the mic mutes wind noise is terrible . Also what do they cost and who can I get one from .thanks.:whistling:

It does not interfere with the GPS at all. It only cuts out the mic, nothing to do with the sound. It also works fine with the BuddyRich cable. I have both on my '99 and a Garmin Zumo.

OK, my turn... what is a BuddyRich cable? This site has more good stuff, always learning new stuff. I read the other day on this site how to quickly set the cruise by pressing set and then acc twice. Worked great. I would always just press set, hold my breath and wrist real still for like 5 miles to get it to "hold" the set speed.

• 3 months later...

Just a quick note on the Mic-mutes folks. I received mine last week and installed it today, but had no luck in getting it to work. I decided to call and leave a message so perhaps someone can assist me tomorrow. I called the 800 number and someone picked up!! Bill said it was no big deal that it was the 4th and walked me through some tests. He will ship one out tomorrow and I can ship this one back at my leisure.

Now that's service!

Brian

IMC Motocom makes a mic mute cable that just plugs into your helmet connections. A little pricey but with two both you and your passenger can cut the mic with the click of a button. No need to go into the fairing or mess with the wiring. Anyway, here's a link:

http://imcmoto.com/honda-goldwing-passenger-mic-mute-and-volume-control.html

While the one from IMC would do the job and certainly be easy to install, I don't think I would like it near as well as the Mic Mutes. There is one major difference. In order to eliminate the wind noise from the microphones, the rider and the passenger had to turn off their mic. Then to talk again, both parties have to switch their mics back on. Then I have to remind my wife, or myself, to turn it off again after I once again notice the wind noise.

The Mic Mutes is different and, in my opinion, superior because it is integrated with the system. If I momentarily press my push to talk button, it enables the system...my mic and my wife's mic...and we can talk. To turn it off again, I simply momentarily press the push to talk button again and it turns my mic and her mic off again. She can do the same thing by pressing her push to talk button.

For me, it is a much better integrated system than both people having to remember to turn their switches on and off.

While the one from IMC would do the job and certainly be easy to install, I don't think I would like it near as well as the Mic Mutes. There is one major difference. In order to eliminate the wind noise from the microphones, the rider and the passenger had to turn off their mic. Then to talk again, both parties have to switch their mics back on. Then I have to remind my wife, or myself, to turn it off again after I once again notice the wind noise.

The Mic Mutes is different and, in my opinion, superior because it is integrated with the system. If I momentarily press my push to talk button, it enables the system...my mic and my wife's mic...and we can talk. To turn it off again, I simply momentarily press the push to talk button again and it turns my mic and her mic off again. She can do the same thing by pressing her push to talk button.

For me, it is a much better integrated system than both people having to remember to turn their switches on and off.

I understand what you're saying. And I wasn't trying to endorse anything. Just throwing some information out there about options.

I installed Mic-Mutes a couple of months ago and they are the best thing since sliced bread as far as cutting out the wind noise while riding. Simple to install, although it takes a little while to get it all done. Very easy to use for both you and your passenger. Now you can set the Intercom and leave it alone !!!! Morph, if you're reading this, GOOD JOB!!!

Just a quick note on the Mic-mutes folks. I received mine last week and installed it today, but had no luck in getting it to work. I decided to call and leave a message so perhaps someone can assist me tomorrow. I called the 800 number and someone picked up!! Bill said it was no big deal that it was the 4th and walked me through some tests. He will ship one out tomorrow and I can ship this one back at my leisure.

Now that's service!

Brian

Thanks all !

Brian, you should have received it. Any better?

Thanks all !

Brian, you should have received it. Any better?

Bill, I sure did and installed it yesterday. It worked perfect. Thanks again for the great service. I will have the original one back in the mail to you.

Brian

Sounds like a real cool system. Here's my situation, I have a sidecar mounted to my RSV and and the passenger headset cable is routed across and behind the back passenger backseat and the passenger in the sidecar helmet connects as if she was on the back seat but she cannot use the passenger mounted ptt button. Is there a work around?

Rick A. aka Sidecar:Venture: