IGNORED

Nuvi 765T ???

royalstar09

Barry the 765 workes fine. No difference in car operation or on the bike. You can change the Icon on it to be a motorcycle if you want. If you have a program you can make your own routes up and install in GPS.

After reading all of these posts, I went on flea bay and purchased the 765 along with the ram hourglass double ball mount w U-clamp. I haven't had a chance to hook it up yet. My question is, even though its not specifically for a motorcycle, has anyone fond the directions and such catered to cars, putting us in a quandary regarding roads??? :confused24:

Barry the 765 workes fine. No difference in car operation or on the bike. You can change the Icon on it to be a motorcycle if you want. If you have a program you can make your own routes up and install in GPS.

For route Planning use either Google maps or mapquest . You can drag the route you want to take then upload it to the 765. Going to install my Buddy Rich cable tomorrow .

I have aanother 765 that Im going to put on ebay unless someone here wants it. I'll take 80 for it,including shipping . It's a suzuki issued 765T . It has a safe mode that limits imput while in motion. Comes with cradle suction mount and traffic receiver.

but mapquest doesn't let you do a detailed trip, just shortest distance. I mean, on mapquest you can, but the minute you load it to garmin...just shortest distance. I tried a million times, or, you have to add a bunch of waypoints. garmin has a tool called basecamp, still cant figure it out! see ya, florida bound! (with old style maps and highlighter):cool10:

but mapquest doesn't let you do a detailed trip, just shortest distance. I mean, on mapquest you can, but the minute you load it to garmin...just shortest distance. I tried a million times, or, you have to add a bunch of waypoints. garmin has a tool called basecamp, still cant figure it out! see ya, florida bound! (with old style maps and highlighter):cool10:

Base camp sucks, difficult to use. I use MapQuest a lot for route planning. I usually bring up shortest route, avoiding freeways or whatever, then zoom in and look at the surrounding roads, drag the route to the path I want to take, save it, then upload to the 765, It always has sent my chosen route to my GPS.

Base camp sucks, difficult to use.

You aint lie'n there brother. I'm not sure a rocket scientist could make that thing work. I use a free progam called TYRE. Will plot your course on goggle maps also so you can see your route. Works well.

You aint lie'n there brother. I'm not sure a rocket scientist could make that thing work. I use a free progam called TYRE. Will plot your course on goggle maps also so you can see your route. Works well.

I looked at TYRE, looked to me like I needed to convert the files it generates, at least once, in order to upload to the garmin.

Can you read the screen in direct sun? That is the only real advantage I could find with a Nuvi for the bike. Every other GPS I had was useless on the bike in sunlight as the screen washes out to nothing.

ragtop-free version. When you "save as" you select what format. You can also save directly to your GPS device.

tim-once in awhile its a little hard to see. There is a brightness you can adjust. Last trip I took in the cage I had some portion of the day I had a hard time seeing it also.

Can you read the screen in direct sun? That is the only real advantage I could find with a Nuvi for the bike. Every other GPS I had was useless on the bike in sunlight as the screen washes out to nothing.

When I first tried the 765T, I was powering it through the USB port and with display set at fully bright, I could not read it, even in indirect sunlight.

If I used the 12 volt cigarette plug, the display was noticeably brighter and I could read the display even in bright sunlight. But the cigarette lighter plug on the 765T includes some electronics for "Traffic" and because of this, the plug is too tall coming out of the lighter receptacle and the throttle cables run interference (on a First Gen).

I have subsequently obtained a hardwired power supply with the Garmin plug that one inserts into the cradle for 12 volt power. It is compact enough to fit under the top cover.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290573932311?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Hmm yea the "traffic" cable has a aprox 1"x3" black box sort of thing on it, but it hasne caused me any grief. I use velcro cable ties and wrap the cable and excess around the bars out of the way. I think they also make a regular cable without the traffic update. Either way I dont think your loosing much without the traffic update. I so far havent had it save me anything. But I know if the battery is low and I plug into the PC at home with mini usb it will usually tell me that to chagre faster use the car plug. I wouldnt think the mini usb would be the prefered way.