IGNORED

Reda Gas Can

Drkngas

I have ridden in death valley a few times and carried extra gas and was glad i did.

I used 2 red aluminum water bottes with aluminum screw caps (tops) that seal with an o-ring. worked great and gave me 1.5 ltrs of gas. put a GAS sticker on them and carry at least one if i'm going on a remote ride.

works great.

Has anyone tried to fit one of these in a current model Venture or RSTD saddlebag? I tried calling Reda Innovations and got the answering machine. Just wanna know how it fits or stays put once it is in the saddlebag.

• 10 months later...

I actually talked to the vendor at Sturgis last year and held one of the gas cans. They were molded specifically for the HD but would easily fit in our saddle bags. I just could't justify the price of the can that would only be used on longer rides. I have carried a 1 gallon standard red can with no issues. Not the greatest but only used on those long rides (MT, WY, SD, ND, OR). I do like the idea of the SIG bottles.

Hello: Sooner or later everyone that rides eventually will end up in a low fuel situation. Unpredictable weather , road detours or just plain human error can lead to a crisis. It pays to stay alert. Keep an eye on the gas gauge. I rely on the trip meter and in familiar territory I try not exceed 125-150 miles before filling my RSTD. My son in law is a wildland fire fighter, he turned me onto "Sig" bottles. Each firefigher carries (2) 20oz bottles in their back pack to provide fuel for their chain saws. I have been carrying one in each saddle bag ever since. So far I have not had to use them, but I feel safer with them than without them. I keep fresh fuel in my bottles as often as I can, I usually empty them into the lawn mower fuel tank and refill them from the 2 gal. mower gas can. I add a cap full of stabil to each bottle and place them back in my saddle bags. Works for me..