IGNORED

Unwanted, forwarded e-mails

Venturous Randy

I am receiving as many as five e-mails for working at home in one day and all are the same except the http// addresses are different. All these sound like the noted sender is making a personal recommendation. I contacted the person that is noted and they are saying they did not send it and they are also getting the same thing. I clicked on one of the http// addresses and read the offer to try to stop this and there does not appear to be any way. I am also concerned that everyone in my address book is or will be getting the same crap.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can stop this?

RandyA

I get bombed with that crap also, about the only thing I have been able to do was set a "Rule" on my email that will send them to the Junk folder.. I have found that after I messed up and opened one of them that I started getting more... good luck

I am receiving as many as five e-mails for working at home in one day and all are the same except the http// addresses are different. All these sound like the noted sender is making a personal recommendation. I contacted the person that is noted and they are saying they did not send it and they are also getting the same thing. I clicked on one of the http// addresses and read the offer to try to stop this and there does not appear to be any way. I am also concerned that everyone in my address book is or will be getting the same crap.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can stop this?

RandyA

I was getting the same thing last year. I got one from a guy that supposedly was with AT&T. I sent him a reply and lowered the boom on him. I closed my email by saying, "Don't send me anymore emails you low life prick." He got the email and replied lowering the boom on me. He told me he hadn't sent any emails to me and that I was very unprofessional and he wanted to know who the president of my company was so he contact him and let him know how unprofessional I was. I replied and told him I was the president. The emails finally stopped but it is very aggravating to get the emails and I wish I knew how to stop them.

There is no way to stop it unless you can really find the true source.

I was able to track one of them down to a friend that had her Yahoo mail account password hacked. They then logged into her yahoo email and sent the messages to people in her contacts. The emails always were sent to a group of 5 people from her contacts. The only way that I was able to determine where it originated was from the 5 names selected, there was only one person that could have possibly known all 5 people.

It is NOT her computer that was hacked, just the password to her yahoo account, and the scum bags logged directly into her account. When they were done they went into her sent folder and deleted their tracks. I found those sent emails in her trash folder.

All that I had to do was to change her yahoo password to a stronger one, and the messages from her have stopped.

My yahoo account was also hacked once, I even sent emails to myself, and when they were done they deleted all of my contacts.

I now keep a backup of my contacts and a strong password that gets changed regularly.

Yahoo is aware of this problem and is working on a fix. Yahoo told me that there are bots that just keep pounding with random passwords till they get in.

I asked if they had anyone on staff that had any programing experience, since it should be quite easy to to put a limit on the number of wrong passwords per day that can be used.

If the spam is consistently cominf from a couple of addresses, I would suggest getting in touch with your ISP and have them set up a block on those address, so nothing can get through. Chances are if youre getting spammed lots of other ISP customers will be getting hit as well so your provider should take 2 minutes and make the additions for you.

Brian

If the spam is consistently cominf from a couple of addresses, I would suggest getting in touch with your ISP and have them set up a block on those address, so nothing can get through. Chances are if youre getting spammed lots of other ISP customers will be getting hit as well so your provider should take 2 minutes and make the additions for you.

Brian

I just talked to a tech at Comcast and he says I have a virus that came from the noted forwarding sender that also has the virus. He said about the only thing that I can do is go to Malwarebites.org and try to get it to fix my software program. On my PC, I recently purchased Malwarebites, but I don't know if I can use the same program on my Laptop, which is mostly what I use now. He said he is seeing a bunch of this stuff coming through. I am still open for any suggestions.

Thanks,

RandyA

Getting the same thing in extreme. It's appears to be coming from an address of a cousin that I rarely see in CA. They are all addressed to my daughter and they appeared to know a lot about her. That's the scary part. I called the cousin and she said that her facebook and outlook had been hit and EVERYBODY that had been in contact with her had been receiving spam constantly. She had over 400 e-mail addresses on her outlook. She been getting a lot on angry calls. Not really her fault and she had reported it to facebook but not much she can do other that apologize.

I just talked to a tech at Comcast and he says I have a virus that came from the noted forwarding sender that also has the virus. He said about the only thing that I can do is go to Malwarebites.org and try to get it to fix my software program. On my PC, I recently purchased Malwarebites, but I don't know if I can use the same program on my Laptop, which is mostly what I use now. He said he is seeing a bunch of this stuff coming through. I am still open for any suggestions.

Thanks,

RandyA

HI Randy Malwarebytes is a free download for the basic version so yes we can get you a copy, but youll just have to run it manually and its not hard. Here is the link to the free basic version, run it and then just follow the directions and keep us posted. http://www.snapfiles.com/get/malwarebytes.html After you get it downloaded and updated, i would take both your machines off your network, until your scanning and deleting is done so you cant get any more files infected and youre not infecting anyone else. THen, once you get things cleaned up get plugged back in again.

Also double check that your antivirus progrma is up to date and running properly, If not maybe go to snapfiles.com (where youre getting the Malwarebytes from) and download AVG or Avast....both are good antivirus and they are free.

Edited by friesman