IGNORED

looking at 2003 GL1800

BikerRSTD

Words of wisdom.....buy it, you won't regret it.

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

For the same reasons you mentioned...I traded my 07 Venture for an 07 Wing about two months ago. I have always been a Honda guy...don't get me wrong we had a great time on the RSV, but already I am riding the Wing much more than I would have the other one. Buy it, ride it, enjoy it!!!!!

Wrecked my 06 RSV and looking at a 03 GL1800 to replace it. I'll miss the RSV but like the lower CG on the Goldwing. Any words of wisdom or recommendations concerning Goldwings in general or a particular model year?

When I totaled my RSV I bought a GL1800.

When I went shopping there was very little difference between the price of a used 2008 bike and a new 2010 bike.

Yes you may find a used bike with all the accessories you want all ready installed, but you may not. I did not.

Currently new GL1800 are sold with a 0.99% loan or 36 months and $1,000 worth of free Honda brand accessories...... which makes the deal much sweeter if you are financing.

I had cash for my bike but at that loan rate, I could not pass up cheep money, so I put the money against the mortgage and financed the bike, transferring debt from a higher to a lower rate....... thanks HONDA!!!!!!!!!!

BTW I paid $24,100 for an Airbag model. There are lower prices to be had now and the level 1-3 bikes can be had at a similar or even greater savings...... shop around....

I suggest you go to the GL1800riders.com forum and ask about current pricing. LOTS of good information, Nothing against them as a whole, but IMHO this forum is a much "friendlier" group, so be prepared to have a thick skin........ I do post over there too.

There only issue with the GL1800 is one year had some frame welding issues but it was EARLY in the run. I don't remember the year but there was a recall. more info over at the GL1800riders forum.

My only regret in buying a GL1800 is that I did not do it sooner.

Edited by KiteSquid

Guest my14car

I also upgraded to 1800 4 months ago i loved my RSV great bike lots of great riding. We also ride a lot more now we have the wing great comfort much easier to handle just a better bike.

Go for it, ask him to document that he had the recalls done. You can actually do that yourself. Get the serial # and call honda if its been done they will have a record. Frame recalls were from 02-06 I have an 02 had it checked was fine, and mine was one of the serial numbers in question. So not all of them had an issue.:twing:

Why a 2003? Because I can purchase it from settlement without any out of pocket. Individual's Candy Red 2003 Goldwing with 44K miles, Chrome wheels, Chrome center stand, Chrome kick stand,Cobra pipes plus stock exhaust (in a box) with turn downs, ring of fire, extra lights, fog lights, hidden vertical mount trailer hitch w/cooler & rack, backrest, driver & passenger transformer running boards, heal toe shifter, passenger arm rests, spoiler w/led light, trunk rack, tinted swept back windshield w/vent, 2 Aria color matching helmets w/headsets, Honda maintenance manual, new battery, battery tender and a lot of other Honda, Kuryakyn and Show Chrome adders. The adder list is pretty long. It has never been laid down or wrecked. The Metzler 880 tires have less then a l,000 miles on them. Elderly owner is giving up riding. 03 looks impressive & no scratches or readily apparent imperfections. Rotella oil since purchase. Checked VIN with local dealer & all recalls current. No fork bearing replacement or added fork brace. Seems to compare favorably with other 'for sale' GL1800s I see on GL1800Riders forum.

I think you will like it. Dont know what you are going to pay but I have a friend that is not advertising it but has a 2005 with around 8500 miles,bought brand new, with CB Floorboards and few other options for I believe he said $10500.00 As far as the Wing and liking it The fuel injection,heated grips,heated seats,adjustable headlight with the turn of a dial,super heavy duty alternater(runs everything) superb power and fantastic handling...Yes you will like it. Many have said the seating position sucks but maybe because I have floorboards it is comfortable to me. OH yea UNLESS the wind is blowing hard so far 35-37 MPG pulling the trailer..40-43 MPG without trailer.

I think you will like it. Dont know what you are going to pay but I have a friend that is not advertising it but has a 2005 with around 8500 miles,bought brand new, with CB Floorboards and few other options for I believe he said $10500.00 As far as the Wing and liking it The fuel injection,heated grips,heated seats,adjustable headlight with the turn of a dial,super heavy duty alternater(runs everything) superb power and fantastic handling...Yes you will like it. Many have said the seating position sucks but maybe because I have floorboards it is comfortable to me. OH yea UNLESS the wind is blowing hard so far 35-37 MPG pulling the trailer..40-43 MPG without trailer.

A low miles 2005 for $10500???? Wish I had run across that one when I was shopping! That is a superb deal!!

Why a 2003? Because I can purchase it from settlement without any out of pocket. Individual's Candy Red 2003 Goldwing with 44K miles, Chrome wheels, Chrome center stand, Chrome kick stand,Cobra pipes plus stock exhaust (in a box) with turn downs, ring of fire, extra lights, fog lights, hidden vertical mount trailer hitch w/cooler & rack, backrest, driver & passenger transformer running boards, heal toe shifter, passenger arm rests, spoiler w/led light, trunk rack, tinted swept back windshield w/vent, 2 Aria color matching helmets w/headsets, Honda maintenance manual, new battery, battery tender and a lot of other Honda, Kuryakyn and Show Chrome adders. The adder list is pretty long. It has never been laid down or wrecked. The Metzler 880 tires have less then a l,000 miles on them. Elderly owner is giving up riding. 03 looks impressive & no scratches or readily apparent imperfections. Rotella oil since purchase. Checked VIN with local dealer & all recalls current. No fork bearing replacement or added fork brace. Seems to compare favorably with other 'for sale' GL1800s I see on GL1800Riders forum.

Go fer it.:banana::080402gudl_prv:

Go for it, ask him to document that he had the recalls done. You can actually do that yourself. Get the serial # and call honda if its been done they will have a record. Frame recalls were from 02-06 I have an 02 had it checked was fine, and mine was one of the serial numbers in question. So not all of them had an issue.:twing:

Good ride for sure, but in my opinion just won't have the shear comfort ride of the RSV. But then again some folks think its a better ride on the wing. I'd hate to be making the choice. AGAIN.:scratchchin:

Your friend's 05 has the factory heated seats and grips?

I thought only the 06 and newer had the factory heated seats and grips.

Your friend's 05 has the factory heated seats and grips?

I thought only the 06 and newer had the factory heated seats and grips.

George..I dont think his has the heated seat and grips..I was referring to mine when I listed all the items but I think you are right 06 and newer models.

Tom, I'm open to the 2005 if additional details can be provided? PM me if the desire to sell if firm. I plan on making a purchase by or before the end of the month, weather permitting.

Email sent..This is a picture of it with the owner riding it when we went to Big Bend 3 years ago

Tom, I'm open to the 2005 if additional details can be provided? PM me if the desire to sell if firm. I plan on making a purchase by or before the end of the month, weather permitting.

Just talked to the guy again..I had mentioned it to one of my driving buddies and he is in route to purchase as I type soooo Its off the market