Neil,

I just looked up the Ethanediol and it doesn't give any difference between it and Ethelene Glycol. Any green type automotive antifreeze will work, you just dont want to use the GM type Dexcool as it's not compaable with the seals and o rings on the RSV. I'm sure some of our chemists will come on with more info than I am able to find.

Squid,I used Amsoil antifreeze because its supposed to be good for 7 years thus reducing the aggravation of changing the coolant on these motors.Is there a compatibility problem with this type and if so what problems will develop?

I have not flushed and changed in my 07 RSV yet, but when I do I will switch to Propylene Glycol. It is much less toxic, and runs cooler. I used it in all my water cooled MX bikes.

If money is not a big consideration, get Engine Ice, premixed Propylene Glycol and de-ionized water 50/50.. Other wise get Prestone Lo-Tox and mix 50/50 with distilled water.

Squid,I used Amsoil antifreeze because its supposed to be good for 7 years thus reducing the aggravation of changing the coolant on these motors.Is there a compatibility problem with this type and if so what problems will develop?

Herbert,

I'm not very up to date on all the newer coolants, I do know there is less toxic ones as mentioned here, but I have always used a good quality "Green" antifreeze and mixed it myself. I know some of the newer GM stuff, the "Orange" coolant has specific ingedients that are comaptable with newer seals and Orings. The difference on using them on older seals and such can help to deteriorate them :2cents:

Dexcool is also deadly on some head gaskets.

I use prestone extended life concentrate mixed with distilled or deionized water for all my vehicles. It has corrosion inhibiters and is recomended for all types of metal including aluminum and has a long life span. as a matter of fact unless I devolop a leak it never gets changed and i have had it in vehicales for up to 10 years w/o any problems and it still looks like the day i put it in. the only thing I do is check it protection level every fall and it is always good.

here is a link to prestone http://www.prestone.com/products/antifreeze_coolant/product_list#product-378

Dexcool is also deadly on some head gaskets.

I use prestone extended life concentrate mixed with distilled or deionized water for all my vehicles. It has corrosion inhibiters and is recomended for all types of metal including aluminum and has a long life span. as a matter of fact unless I devolop a leak it never gets changed and i have had it in vehicales for up to 10 years w/o any problems and it still looks like the day i put it in. the only thing I do is check it protection level every fall and it is always good.

here is a link to prestone http://www.prestone.com/products/antifreeze_coolant/product_list#product-378

Fifth one down in the link is Low-Tox