IGNORED

How's the 1st gen winter projects coming along?

• 1 month later...

Well I started the bike up and watched it run as it warmed up.

I ran it till the cooling fan came on, brought the temp back down to where the fan shut off and then I turned off the bike.

All the while looking at the piles of snow, and ice glazed streets preventing me from taking a quick spin around the block.

And what gets me really P.O.ed is that there was no antifreeze leaking while I was looking. Nope, not a drop. The last time I rode it, after I parked it, there was a puddle of AF that was about 2 feet wide by 4 feet long.

ARRRrrrgggg.......

Well I started the bike up and watched it run as it warmed up.

I ran it till the cooling fan came on, brought the temp back down to where the fan shut off and then I turned off the bike.

All the while looking at the piles of snow, and ice glazed streets preventing me from taking a quick spin around the block.

And what gets me really P.O.ed is that there was no antifreeze leaking while I was looking. Nope, not a drop. The last time I rode it, after I parked it, there was a puddle of AF that was about 2 feet wide by 4 feet long.

ARRRrrrgggg.......

that sounds like mine, it only leaks when the engine cools from room temps to about freezing after its been sitting for a day or so. But it never does it heating up or cooling down when its been running recently

Brian:bang head:

I.

I still need ti find out exactly why I have this huge green puddle under the bike and fix that so that it can be driven.

I have the same problem. I had my dealer fix it when I first got the bike 8 years ago, didn't help. Now I just add antifreeze when I get it out in the Spring. Only loose it in the Winter in the unheated garage.

Green puddles are unacceptable to me.

Antifreeze is both delicious and toxic for my dog.

Not to mention that it is not doing the environment any good either.

I think my next trick will be to add some florescent dye to the radiator and then get out the black light to look for the green stain.

It bothers me when things are not quite right.

Green puddles are unacceptable to me.

Antifreeze is both delicious and toxic for my dog.

Not to mention that it is not doing the environment any good either.

I think my next trick will be to add some florescent dye to the radiator and then get out the black light to look for the green stain.

It bothers me when things are not quite right.

Sounds like you have one of those cold weather O-rings. Look around, there should be some white residue on one of the conectiions. Put some cardboard under the scoot to get an idea of where it's coming from.