IGNORED

Which Branch of the Service Do Your Prefer?

dingy

Which Branch of the Service Do Your Prefer?

An Army grunt stands in the rain with a 35 pound pack on his back, 15 pound weapon in hand, after having marched 12 miles, and says, "This is crap!"

An Army Airborne Ranger stands in the rain with a 45 pound pack on his back, 15 pound weapon in hand, after having jumped from an airplane and marched 18 miles, and says with a smile, "This is good crap!"

A Navy SEAL lies in the mud, 55 pound pack on his back, 15 pound weapon in hand, after having had a 10 mile swim to shore, a five crawl through swamps, and a 25 mile march in jungle, at night, through enemy positions, says with a grin, "This really is great crap."

A Marine, up to his nose in the stinking, bug-infested mud of a swamp with a 65 pound pack on his back and a 15 pound weapon in each hand, after jumping from an aircraft at high altitude, into the ocean, swimming 12 miles to the shore, killing several alligators to enter the swamp, then crawling 30 miles through the brush to assault an enemy camp, says, "I love this crap."

An Air Force NCO sits in an easy chair in an air conditioned, carpeted office and says, "My e-mail's out? What kind of crap is this?"

When I was in the Airforce boot camp, lackland AFB back in 1979, we had a cadence, " My boots are heavy, my belts tight, my something is shifting from left to right , sound off..."

Now how did that go????

:thumbsup2:

Also have to agree with Ctaylor...

Now where in the heck did I put my putter?

Edited by CaptainJoe

My brother joined the Marine Corp. after I had been serving for about 2 years. As the good brother that I am I sent him a post card and wrote in really big letters "IS YOUR DI REALLY GAY!" He still isn't laughing about that all these years later.

We trained with:

1. Navy (Navel Gunfire School at Little Creek), fun bunch especially our Seal Buddies!
  2. Marines (29 Palms) determined bunch I remember their equipment being hand me downs from other services but in excellent condition!
  3. Air Force (Hurlburt Field, near Eglin 1st Special Operations Wing but now called something else) Pilots were a riot and they have all the toys!!
  4. Delta Force (Iran, Desert One http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/iran-mission.htm) They are truly the best, only comparable to the British SAS!

We had a saying back then: "The Marines are looking for a few good men, The Rangers found them!" (Yhea I just could not leave it alone!!)

I served in the USAF with good old Mother MAC (You Call, We Haul). I was a C-5 avionics guy, but worked on C130, C141's whatever landed on our ramp. When I was in Saudi Arabia in 91, this whole "Which branch is better" thing came up (again), my Tactical Airlift CO said:

"Don't really much care who kicked the most @ss, but I know for sure who gets the most @sses where they need to be."

:Laugh:

Now isn't it more enjoyable when we can see the humor in a joke, and remember some of the friendships we made over the years.

And I know the Air Force guys do a heck of a lot more than cry about their email, My nephew was a tail boomer on a CK 130 tanker. Fairly boring job 95% of the time, but the hook up time was real intense. And fairly dangerous flying around in a plane that had its own fuel, and as much more as it could carry for cargo.

Gary

When I was in the Airforce boot camp, lackland AFB back in 1979, we had a cadence, " My boots are heavy, my belts tight, my something is shifting from left to right , sound off..."

Now how did that go????

:thumbsup2:

Also have to agree with Ctaylor...

Now where in the heck did I put my putter?

It was rather simple, being AF and all.

(TI) Here we go again.....

(us) Here we go again......

(TI) Marching down the avenue.......

(us) Marching down the avenue.....

Then we would go on to some other rant.:clap2:

Being an Honor Grad from Pathfinder School I thought the Air Forces CCT http://www.baseops.net/basictraining/usaf_specops.html helped you guys get all those other tuff guys there?!

:crackup::crackup: You know there is a story why the A F boys and girls do exist. You also know that when it all started it was the ARMY AIR CORPS. Weren't no air force fly boys. But the Pilots got so uppity they refused to eat off metal trays and demanded china service----and now we have the Air Force. Damn I used to love being stationed on them air force bases and eating good food on china. :clap2:Now back when I went to jump school the army still had their own jump planes, c-119 and the otters, then the c- 123's and our own pilots still. Most of the troops back then when sent to a new station went by train and bus. Anybody remember that? Those train trips were a blast! :banana:

I have jumped from a C123 and was damn glad to get off the thing!! Do you know the story behind the C7-Caribou?!

Only troop train trip was in Panama moving our battalion from the East side near Colon to the west side near Panama City. It was great but we unfortunately scared the local passengers with all our singing and carrying on. Can only imagine those early days of troop transport!!!