IGNORED

No Longer A.....

GlennTuc

Venture owner. While my 08 RSV was in the shop getting the ignition switch replaced, I traded it on a 2007 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic. My Uncle, who is a huge HD fan, talked me into going by the local HD dealership and ride one. So I did. And I was hooked. I wasn't even thinking about a HD. A GW, yes, but a HD, no. But I'm glad I did. The handling was superb, the ergonomics are great and it feels like a very well built machine. Fuel injection is great. Switch on and press the start button. And guess what, it has a CD player. My RSV had 1 mile on the odometer when I bought it and had nearly 40,000 when I traded. I enjoyed every mile I put on it and plan on doing the same with this HD. I don't plan on abandoning this web site though. I enjoy the forum, met too many good people and plan on making some more "meet and eats".

Glenn

Guest scarylarry

Your close enough to Tenn. so I won't say anything...

No really if you like the ride that is all that matters, if I was to get a HD that is the only one I would get..

So enjoyed it, you have a class bike IMHO

Can't fault you for that. I had a 06 Street Glide that I was pretty impressed with except for that dang vibration of the soft mounted motor. It was plenty smooth at speeds but around 1800 rpm it would rattle your fillings.

Other than that I loved the bike. As you said, very well made, comfortable and handles the road as good as any I have ever ridden.

I will probable own another but it will be a solid mount balanced motor.

if I could have put the balanced motor in the soft mount it would be as smooth as silk. don't know why that is not an option for those of us who like it smooth.

Tom

Well...

What I want to know is, did you make the entire transformation to HD?

Did you buy a HD leather Jacket?

You'll know, especially when you can't pass a HD store without stopping and buying something.

My brother-in-law drives me CRAZY with this on our trips. I told him it's like a CULT or something...

Although I do like those HD maps he carries around. They show the best routes.

Anyway, Good luck with your new ride. Hopefully you got a good price out of your 08 RSV. I know you'll like the electra glide Ultra classic, another of my friends that went out west had one and would never part with it.... although he did say the next year they reouted one of the exhausts or something to keep the rear cylinder from getting to hot???

Remember to Wave to other bikers... :stickpoke:

I don't blame you Glenn as I'll likely do the same when the job situation settles with the wife. I've loved my 04 RSV but I'm starting to see more problems with it although most of it is minor. I've really come to like the Victory but HD hs come a long ways as well.

I like the ultra classic and it will probably be my next bike but I don't want a model before 09. I ride two up with my wife and the heat is so bad a passenger can't stand the heat on anything before 09. A friend of mine bought an 08 screamin eagle ultra and only kept it one year because the heat so bad.