IGNORED

Arizona Members Check-in (please)

bluemax

Hi guys and gals, just paid my dues and anxious to meet y'all. Next few weeks are going to be great for riding, temps in mid 70's and no rain that I can see. I live on the west side of Phoenix in Buckeye. There are lots of cool desert destinations around here, one of my favorite is the Desert Rose on old highway 80, about 20 miles west of Buckeye. Since I am retired, I can ride anywhere/anytime. Please check in, say hey, and lets get something going before it gets "warm".

George

Welcome to the board George. I went thru Buckeye once on the way down to Gila Bend while doing the Pheonix by-pass. Picked up my '93 in Tucson and then visited a friend down in Benson for a bit. Don't think I'll be heading that way again for a while, but if the heat starts to get to you, you can always ride north in July to Cody for the International.

Hey Bluemax,

I hail from Tucson. Some nice riding trails down here too. Love that blue color on your Star! Not retired yet, but looking forward to it someday (if the politicians don't screw it up!). So, mostly a weekend/evening rider. But, if you get a chance to swing by, give me a holler and we'll burn down a highway or two.

Stephen, thanks for the reply. I am free next weekend, let me know if you want to meet somewhere for a scoot or a beer.

Thanks, George. This is what Amalia looks like today.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n163/coy55boy/83%20Venture%20Royale/Amalia01152011.jpg

I'm doing a little planned maintenance. Replace fuse box, new air horn (man is that thing LOUD!), rewiring auxiliary lighting, repack steering bearings, new auxiliary power point for GPS, new spin-on oil filter adapter. Not sure when I'll be finished, but doubt it will be by next weekend. Sucks too! Didn't expect such nice riding weather in the middle of January, dang it!

But, I'm planning long term for a 3-4K mile trip in April so I gotta get all this stuff done. Also, been planning a trip up to Phoenix for a couple of weeks now. There's a fella about to deploy to Iraq (civilian corps) that is trying to unload a pretty blue Wing. He lives out Sunrise way. So, once I get Amalia running again, I'll send ya a private message via the board and we'll meet up.

Steve