The "cassette player"... at least it's not something you'll MISS.. They might as well have put an 8 Track Cassette player on this bike.. it would have been more 'retro cool' than a silly 'cassette player' lol.. how oh so passe.. ;)

Hopefully this is your fix.. however, wondering what is pulling power on the unit though? My bike came without out it as the previous owner ripped it out..

The motor could be stuck on or an audio line hung open. :confused24: Certainly wont hurt to unplug it, unless you are one of the three people in the world that still use it,,,,,,:p

Glad to be of assistance. Yes cassettes are still available and very reasonably priced on e-bay. I guess I am one of the other two who use the player. Try cycling a cassette through the player a couple of times. Might cure the drain, shouldn't hurt to try.

Mike

Hello

I hope Anyone can help me...

My Battery from my 2002 Yamaha Midnight Venture is draining, after 3 days the battery is to low to start the bike....I first thought it was the battery , so I replaced it for a new one ..but I still have the same problem.

I put the Multimeter behind ..and it looks like, I have a drain of 0.18 Amp.

Does Anyone have any idea's what it can be ?

thank you

It could be the battery itself with an internal short circuit which slowly drains the battery. :cool10:

Glad to be of assistance. Yes cassettes are still available and very reasonably priced on e-bay. I guess I am one of the other two who use the player. Try cycling a cassette through the player a couple of times. Might cure the drain, shouldn't hurt to try.

Mike

I still use and enjoy my cassettes on both Ventures.

Although I am considering installing a Victrola. Talk about retro cool.

• 5 years later...

I know this is an old thread but I'm having the same issues. Went to go for a ride Thursday and battery was too weak to even run the fuel pump. My bike charges between 14 -14.2 amps while riding so i know the charging system is ok. It had been two weeks since my last ride. I checked the battery voltage and it only showed 4.68 volts. The battery is only about a month old so I took it to have it charged and tested. It tested ok. I checked with my meter and showed .06-.07 amp draw when placed between the negative wire and the negative battery post. I then pulled fuses one at a time and found the draw to be on the 10 amp back up fuse. I then split the fairing and found the draw coming from the red/green wire that feeds the srereo. I removed the wire from the white plug and plugged the plug back together. I set the clock on my bike and turned the switch off to make sure it was still keeping time correct. It is, so does that mean the trip mileage will also be backed up? I don't use the stereo on my bike since I got my sena headsets. So as long as the clock and mileage are backed up I'm not concerned with the stereo. Thanks , Ron

The back up fuse provides keep alive power for the audio system. Unplug the cable to the cd changer if you have one and see if the drain goes away. The cd changer is always alive and sometimes the cartridge will get askew causing the changer to pull excessive power. if it is not the cd changer the plugs for the others are under the fairing. And there is a power plug at the cb under the trunk.

Mike

Ok Now I feel like a troll, But I do not have cd changer but now that you mention it because I have an aftermarket Sony AM/FM/Mp3/CD/ with front Aux and after 2-3 days I have to charge the Battery. It will crank but not enough voltage to make it spark.

I opened the fairing..And I don't see anything wrong ...........I don't even know what to look for :8:

On the upper left of this picture you will see some large black round connectors. Unplug them one by one. Plug each in and out several times. Before the final reconnect put some dielectric grease on the pins. Be sure only to use dielectric grease which is available at auto parts stores.

Good Luck

Mike

Copy (1) of IMG_0804.jpg