IGNORED

The "Mancave" Gets An Upgrade!

Bobby G

My better half was actually paying attention when I mentioned a few months ago that I'd really like to get a full size professional Craftsman Tool Chest for the garage, so I could get things organized down there for once in my life. Well, guess what was under the tree? Yep, she got it for me for Christmas. It wasn't exactly under the tree, but the smaller top chest was, and then she led me to the basement where the larger bottom chest was hiding. It's gorgeous - - red, with the ball bearing drawers, liner inserts, a few organizer trays, and a 4X8 comfort mat for the floor and an adjustable-height rolling work stool with tool tray to boot. Guess where I've been these last few days?? :whistling:

I now have a VERY organized work area - - no more tools scattered in 12 different places or dangling on the peg board. I'm in heaven!

:dancefool:

I can relate!! Many years ago my wife bought me a nice sears craftsman lower and upper unit which got filled in short notice. Since then I have added 3 cheaper lower (rolling) units, one with an upper unit, and added 2 more upper units, and last year another Craftsman setup similar to the first one! Things are certainly a lot more organized with the contents labeled on each drawer.

So a word of warning, you have just begun, tools and a place to put them are addictive!!!

Congratulations on the chest. You'll love it. Last year I got tired of trying to find tools. I had a modest Sears roll around chest and it was packed. I couldn't find anything because the drawers were so full I couldn't see stuff. So, I bought one of the huge roll around cabinets from Sams. It's about 5 feet tall and 6 feet long. Now the tools are spread out so I can find stuff.

Dennis

There is evil in the gift, take my word for it,,,, now that the tools are organized and locate-able, they will start disappearing on a regular basis. Before,,,,,,she wasn't able to find what she was looking for,,,,, but now???????

Ahhhh, but there is a method to my madness. She forgot to take the keys, and now I can keep it locked up and safe from thieves and wives pretending to be thieves!

My next project this week is to scour the house for random tools, especially my flat head screwdrivers, that she has used over the past year in her many projects. They never seemed to make it back to their home on the old pegboard in the "cave". LOL!

One other tactic I've employed to keep her out of my way - - I bought her a 300mm macro lens for her camera and a new sewing machine for Christmas, two things she's always wanted. Neither require use of my tools, so hopefully I've seen the last of her in The Man Cave!

:Venture:

I've got an old Beach upper & lower tool chest that I've had for oh... 30 years or more ... some of these newer ones available now are ... can I say "mouth watering"? LOL I'd love to get a new one but just can't justify the cost so instead, I have a real good set of wooden drawers on rollers with full-length drawer slides that take the "overflow".

I thought there was a "rule" on this site - PICTURES! :rotf:

Sorry. My cell camera won't work for some reason, and my real camera needed to be charged up. But here are a few pics of the new tool chest and my little out of the way refuge in the garage. It doesn't look like much now, but it looks a damn site better than it did a few days ago.

:thumbsup2:

Guest Ken8143
There is evil in the gift, take my word for it,,,, now that the tools are organized and locate-able, they will start disappearing on a regular basis. Before,,,,,,she wasn't able to find what she was looking for,,,,, but now???????

I got my wife one of those handy dandy basic tool kits to keep in the house. Now the problem is "Ken - you used my screwdriver AND YOU DIDN"T PUT IT BACK!"

Guilty as charged.

So I organized my man cave so I can find my own stuff.