IGNORED

Canada Closed?

KarlS

Was just watching the news about the 402 in Canada is closed due to ice and snow. They were showing snowmobiles out helping people. Bad situation and hope everybody is OK. But what I found interesting is how the newscaster ended his report. Said "In Port Huron until further notice, Canada is Closed"

Edited by KarlS

I just saw on CNN news about the road being closed and all the vehicles stuck on it. They were saying military helicopters are taking people out of their cars to safety..

shame on the mess...

that is one major reason why I moved SOUTH...........:whistling:

For those of you down South that don't know what happened up here:

Saturday night it rained buckets. Sunday morning it cooled off and changed to snow. That snow on the wet warm ground made about an inch of slush.

As temperatures dropped into the single digits that slush turned to a sheet of ice, with snow on top of it.

Below about 25 degrees salt is useless.

Around the great lakes there is also "lake effect snow". When the wind blows across the warm lakes it picks up moisture. As it moves over land and rises it cools and dumps that moisture as snow. Buffalo is a big winner in lake effect snow because they are just East of a long Lake Erie.

I don't know for sure, but I'd be willing to bet that part of Ontario got the same mess we got, plus a good helping of frozen Lake Huron when the wind swung out of the North West.

Interesting article here

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/906577--police-continue-search-as-rescued-take-shelter-from-the-storm?bn=1

That is a nasty storm, kinda hard to believe these storms are isolated to a small area. London was hit the weekend before with 60" of snow. That wind can be nasty from the bridge all the way to London.

As long as it stay to the west and south of us :innocent:

Brad

Don't tell anybody but there is another entrance....South of Detroit.

Yah!!

Many people in Ontario think they are Canada.

Many people in Quebec think they should be Canada.

Many people in the West wish either one were true.

B.C. keeps the Peace Arch open to the US all year every year.

:cool10: :thumbsup2:

Yah!!

Many people in Ontario think they are Canada.

Many people in Quebec think they should be Canada.

Many people in the West wish either one were true.

B.C. keeps the Peace Arch open to the US all year every year.

:cool10: :thumbsup2:

I agree, most people west of Ontario could care less what happens from the Ontario/Manitoba border east. We have far more in common with, and pay more attention to the western US than to Eastern Canada. :confused24:

Brian

OOps that wasnt sposed to be political....:whistling:

I agree, most people west of Ontario could care less what happens from the Ontario/Manitoba border east.

Now that ain't 100% correct,, we do really care what happens in Alberta,,, we eat their beef, burn the gas and oil they produce and get awfully upset when they send a clipper our way.

We have far more in common with, and pay more attention to the western US than to Eastern Canada. :confused24:

Brian

OOps that wasnt sposed to be political....:whistling:

Not political but Geographical and I can not believe how many Canadians have so much trouble with there east and west. Guess they never could figure out which is Right and Left, oh well. :innocent:

Almost as bad as Mr. Owl is with North and South, (he still thinks he is south of us.) If the rest of them have the same trouble they will never find South of Detroit. :rotf:

Brad