IGNORED

So..how is the guitar playing coming along?

Freebird

I'm still pickin, Seagull Artist Cameo, Gretch American 3/4, a junk classical, a 1930's La Pacific banjo uke that was my Grandfathers and a new Fender Telecaster with vintage noiseless pickups (mexican). I play most every day and have been told that I'm really improveing, but to me it still seems I have a LONG way to go. I enjoy it so I keep playing...

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not playing much lately. Have a once-a-month jam I go to on a Saturday afternoon. Not practicing much at home either. Might play 1-2 tunes every couple days.

Playing a 12-fret neck Larrivee.

http://randyrick.us/guitars/LarriveeLS03ForumIIIandMC.jpg

I am just starting out and the tips of my fingers feel like hamburger. Would it be less painful if I just went out to my bench grinder and take them down to the bone?

I have been using most of the free sites and after I get a few more of the basics down I may even pop for a few lessons.

I'm not playing much lately. Have a once-a-month jam I go to on a Saturday afternoon. Not practicing much at home either. Might play 1-2 tunes every couple days.

Playing a 12-fret neck Larrivee.

http://randyrick.us/guitars/LarriveeLS03ForumIIIandMC.jpg

Randy, that looks like a good width neck for some finger pickin !!!!!

Randy, that looks like a good width neck for some finger pickin !!!!!

Its a 1-3/4inch neck, which is pretty much standard these days. A 1/16" wider than my old Martin with a 1-11/16 neck. It looks wider than it is because the neck is slightly shorter. Its a 12-fret neck rather than the more normal 14 fret neck.

There are different ways of doing 12 fret necks. Larrivee just moves the bridge back on the face of the guitar. This also changes the tone a bit, in a way I find pleasing. Martin would call this a 000. Larrivee also makes a 000 with similar sized body, just slightly deeper and a 1-13/16" neck.

• 2 weeks later...