IGNORED

Did a few mods

Guest scarylarry

Guest scarylarry

Cold and rainy yesterday, Pam said let's hang here and do the mods you been wanting do so we installed a garage door opener took the seat off on the right side just above the battery mounted the control with 2 sided tape and with some cat-5 wire reason we use that it is low voltage and we got plenty of it then we put the button on the left side right under the seat in the plastic shield , the only tricky part was get the wires solder to the control.

Now I don't have to fumble for it coming up to the door.

Then we installed a 12v power supply on the left side rear where the cap is that was easy enough.

Change the plugs at almost 30k miles on them that was a joke they looked brand new but I had the plugs figure do it now since I was I was that far into it..

I'm thankful Pam is 5' tall makes it for the short tight places for us, being 6'4 can be a pain twisting around..

I will have to say the garage door opener is the best mod I've done in awhile

Guest scarylarry

I thought of the faring and cover on the tank, the reason I did use the faring I know my luck about the time I got it going the battery would die and there I would be splitting the faring again..

It is a great mod I have to say that

Edited by scarylarry

Cold and rainy yesterday, Pam said let's hang here and do the mods you been wanting do so we installed a garage door opener took the seat off on the right side just above the battery mounted the control with 2 sided tape and with some cat-5 wire reason we use that it is low voltage and we got plenty of it then we put the button on the left side right under the seat in the plastic shield , the only tricky part was get the wires solder to the control.

Now I don't have to fumble for it coming up to the door.

Then we installed a 12v power supply on the left side rear where the cap is that was easy enough.

Change the plugs at almost 30k miles on them that was a joke they looked brand new but I had the plugs figure do it now since I was I was that far into it..

I'm thankful Pam is 5' tall makes it for the short tight places for us, being 6'4 can be a pain twisting around..

I will have to say the garage door opener is the best mod I've done in awhile

Wired mine with the high beam so all I have to do is flip the high beam on then off and the door opens

I mounted my Garage door opener Button on the left side handle bar right next to my hand so that I never have to take my hand off the handle bar or fumble around trying to locate the button on my dash or under my seat.

I installed a micro push button (RED on in below photo) inside of a chrome ink pen top end piece, then used black silicone to seal / water proof it. I ran the wires to a micro quick disconnect (male / female connectors) where I could easily remove the garage door button if/ when the batteries need replaced..The actual garage door opener is mounted with velcro to the left front fork tube between the inner fairing.

All I do is push the little red button I made with my finger that is mounted right next to my left hand..see photo below

Guest scarylarry
I mounted my Garage door opener Button on the left side handle bar right next to my hand so that I never have to take my hand off the handle bar or fumble around trying to locate the button on my dash or under my seat.

I installed a micro push button (RED on in below photo) inside of a chrome ink pen top end piece, then used black silicone to seal / water proof it. I ran the wires to a micro quick disconnect (male / female connectors) where I could easily remove the garage door button if/ when the batteries need replaced..The actual garage door opener is mounted with velcro to the left front fork tube between the inner fairing.

All I do is push the little red button I made with my finger that is mounted right next to my left hand..see photo below

I read that before and even look at it, just found it easier to install it this way, besides I'm 2nd gear way before I hit the driveway so speed is not a issue and and it right under my left hip.. Neat set up you though.

Guest scarylarry
I have my garage door mod too, really easy and inexpensive, she gets off the bike and enters the code in the garage door opener, voila door opens. No wire splicing, no cutting into the bike anywhere. :cool10::cool10:

Roll in at midnight and she if she enters the code...

That is the code to the door not the code of a cast iron skillet...I'm safer this way:whistling:

Now that looks like a really functional place to put that door opened button.

But what if you were out visiting, say Canada, and your hand slipped and hit that garage door button.:shock3:

Even as fast as these bikes are, I doubt you could make it home before some thief sees your door open and steals your steaks in your garage freezer.:Laugh::stickinouttounge:

I'm just sayin':whistling:

Guest scarylarry
You'se guys spending a lot of time and money. I just hit the horn button and my wife opens the garage door for me...:big-grin-emoticon:

Well my wife to be ain't opening no door period at after midinght when I come rolling in, see when she comes out in the garage I can tell been her I been there all this time..

So far it has worked...

Guest scarylarry
What's a Garage???????:crying:

It where men hide and drink beer, smoke cigars watch tv and work on bikes, while the wife is in a raging fit.....:big-grin-emoticon: