IGNORED

"Caddy"

Pegstr

My Heart Still Weeps

Caddy, It's been almost 5 months since you left me

And My heart still weeps for you every single day.

I know you're in better hands

But I miss you in every way.

God has called you home

earlier than I expected,

And the emptiness that is left in my heart

Seems as I've been rejected.

I thank him for the years that we had

But as each day goes by,

I seem to ask more questions

Even though I shouldn't ask why.

I guess it is somewhat human nature

Not knowing what life will bring,

To ask such selfish questions

Trying to reduce the sting.

You were a wonderful wife

And spoiled me to the max,

I'll never begin to forget you

As I'm stating just the facts.

As I continue life without you

And struggle to keep from going insane,

You'll never be forgotten

And I'm glad you're no longer in pain.

They say time will heal

But I guess it must take years,

Because there are not many days

That I don't wipe some tears.

I guess that is a type of healing

Even though it sounds so weak,

I just wish we had another chance

That we could hug and speak.

You've touched so many lives

As you were here on earth,

And it saddens me so much

That you missed our latest grandchild's birth.

I am doing my best

To fill MeMe's shoes,

And our wonderful grandchildren help me smile

When I'm feeling the blues.

No one can take your place

As a grandmother, mother, or wife,

Watch over me, my darling

As I try to continue my life.

I thank God for giving me

The strength to carry on,

And you as my Guardian Angel

I will never be alone.

Family, friends, and VentureRiders

Have helped me thru when things were dim,

I wish you could've met this group

As you would've loved all of them.

I know we will see each other again

And until that time is at hand,

God is carrying me in his arms

So there is only one set of footprints in the sand.

We, on earth, must keep our faith

As life is only a temporary thing,

And if our faith is strong enough

We will hear the Angels sing!!

Mike, that was so nice. Caddy is with you, stay strong my friend. When we met you, we also met her. She was with you in spirit and heart when we met in Eureka Springs. She is in our memory and thoughts as well. You take care and always remember that she is still with you in spirit and heart and always will be. God Bless You for keeping her memory with us.

mike that was awesome.it brought a tear to my eye.i almost lost linda two years ago with four brain aneurysms.it really took me to my knees.i am so lucky that i still have her.i know exactly what you are feeling.we have a habit of taking our wives and loved ones for granite.i will never allow that to happen again.we are not out of the woods yet .but we enjoy life a day at a time.i think time will heal but you have all the good memories to keep you going.hang in there good buddy.bill

• 2 months later...

Mike as long as you have a tear in you eye, and a thought in your heart she will always know your love and you hers. when you feel this from time to time know in your heart she is watching over you as she stands by his side helping you in your time of need. God Bless

Mike,

That was so wonderful! Hold on to those great memories, and remember that you have the largest family to talk to when you need someone! We will always be here for you, and so will your brother Mark! (By the way how is he diong!?) It's hard to let go of your feelings, but we like your poems, and it seems it helps you. So keep writing...It will help you heal!!

Hello Lonna,

Little bro is doing fine. I'm so blessed to have a brother like him. We talk everyday. He asks about you and Squid quite often. I am so glad that he got to meet the people at Eureka and he was upset about not getting to make it to Vogel. He, like myself, says the people of this site are awesome. I do feel like I have another family now. I have never met a group of people that are so thoughtful, nice, and super to be around. It has been over 7 months now since Caddy left us and things are starting to get a little easier as I am falling into a different routine. This site helps me pass many nights while sitting at home. Believe me, all of you were God sent. I'll be honest, I'm not looking forward to the holidays, but I have enjoyed shopping for the grandchildren. They will be tickled with what PawPaw has got them.

By the way, those cheesecakes are a hit in Tn.!!! I have made more than a few of them and everyone loves them. Thanks for the recipe. I've even threw a curve to 1 or 2 of them. If you like chocolate, try dumping a pack of chocolate instant pudding in it. Not bad, I like it. Of course mine are not as good as the ones you made, but I'm working on it. Take care and keep the Squid under control LOL!! or at least partially! I hope his new job is working out great. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Mike, you were blessed to have Caddy in your life for the short time you did, but she was also blessed to have you in her life, to keep here memory going is tribute to what both of you had. Keep the faith, and if you need family you know where to find us.............

God Bless and Happy Holidays

Lewis & Charlene

I would just like to take the time to Thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. I really enjoyed meeting all of you at E.S and Vogel and I appreciate each and everyone of you. I know I'm not the only one that has went thru a loss like this and I pray for everyone that has had to deal with this. Of course when this thread was first posted, Caddy had been gone for about 5 months. Now it is over 7 months ago and I'm finally getting into a different routine. As AEDC said in another thread, you just learn to cope with it more than time heals. I would like to wish all of you a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! May God bless us all and always remember the real meaning of Christmas.

Thanks to all of you. I feel I've gained a second family here and look forward to seeing you again at a future ride in.

Mike

• 4 months later...

Hey Mike,

Thinking about you today.

I think it's been a year today since Caddy graduated.

You recently said to Sherry that "time doesn't heal, but it helps you cope better" or something like that.

I have to admit that I can't see your heart from your point of view. But from where I'm standing & from what I can see, I DO see healing going in in your life.

You are so very quick to assist with other who have a similar path to walk. That's a sign of healing. You are very involved in the day to day activities of this club. That too is a sign of healing. Other messages & posts have also pointed to this. But even in the healing, I am sure there will always be the pain associated with having lost such a dear friend.

You've stayed the course. I'm sure even Caddy (just like all of us) would be proud of how you reach out to help.

Joe

Thank you Don, for posting it. She has been gone for a year now, Time flies because it sure doesn't seem like a year. I know Cathy wasn't a member here, but she did use my username to scan the forums. She was a silent member. This group gave her several laughs and she would sometimes call me to the room to show me what she had found or read a post to me. No, she didn't like to ride after her nephew had his crash and I respected that. She would still hop on for us to go over to our daughter's every once in a while. She couldn't get her nephew's crash out of her head since she saw it happen. She still knows that I love to ride and she is now my Guardian Angel. When I do have a scary moment I always smile and say "Caddy, you were watching me on that one". I cherish the memories and she will never be forgotten.