IGNORED

About All These Toy Recalls....

mini-muffin

I know lots of us have young children in our lives, be they our children, nieces or nephews, grandchildren. So I've been looking around at alternative places to get toys. I found this really interesting site. The toys are all American made. Lots of old stuff too that I'm sure plenty will remember. Here's the link.

http://www.fatbraintoys.com/index.cfm

After watching the news today with the latest recall on toys that can kill kids or put them in a coma, I was really upset. Christmas is on it's way and what do you get for the children in your life. Luckily some of the old board games are still available as well out there.

Hope this helps anyone looking for a safe toy for that child in your life (no matter how old they may be)

Margaret

Unreal...ANOTHER RECALL.....

Watching CNN..

I see they just recalled my crib for bolts that can work loose and cause my crib to colapse on me and sufficate me.....

Gosh, if they only knew the abuse I have put that thing through...:buttkick:

In the mean time, I got to go buy more of these toys...watch CNN news about this new toy recall...:

Toy delivers 'date-rape' drug when ingested

The CNN article about the Aqua Dots product recall
says
:

U.S. safety officials have recalled about 4.2 million Chinese-made Aqua Dots bead toys that contain a chemical that has caused some children to vomit and become comatose after swallowing them.

We immediately did our own product recall, removing the unsafe toy from our house last night after our daughter went to bed. But how did this product get into our house in the first place?

Scientists have found the highly popular holiday toy contains a chemical that, once metabolized, converts into the toxic "date rape" drug GHB (gamma-hydroxy butyrate), U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) spokesman Scott Wolfson told CNN.

Children who swallow Aqua Dots "become comatose, develop respiratory depression, or have seizures," the CPSC warns in a statement issued Wednesday.

I hate to say it , but to endanger life in order to save a buck ! By having certain items made overseas . The task of quality control is harder to enforce not actually knowing the origin of where the raw goods come from .

I know we cannot buy all "American Made" or from our closet allied countries that support one anothers economy , but a change is hopefully near as we see this drastic problems are more re-occuring . Hopefully our people will get there jobs back as well .

BEER30

:backinmyday: All this talk about Chinese toys makes me glad I bought Yard Darts and and a pellet gun for the kid this year ....

Seriously, this Chinese crap that they are trying to sell us at Wally-world is getting out of hand, time to teach the kids how to play kick the can and hide and go seek.Thats about as safe as you can get, and it gets them off the couch and outside in that fresh air.

:backinmyday: All this talk about Chinese toys makes me glad I bought Yard Darts and and a pellet gun for the kid this year ....

Seriously, this Chinese crap that they are trying to sell us at Wally-world is getting out of hand, time to teach the kids how to play kick the can and hide and go seek.Thats about as safe as you can get, and it gets them off the couch and outside in that fresh air.

So, what are you going to teach them with the pellet gun?

I saw an article on the news last night about a local school teacher who, a few years ago, wanted to get all the kids to bring their "war" and "fighting" type toys to school to have a "mass burn" of such things in honour of remembrance day. Of course, they couldn't burn them coz of the possible chemicals that would emit into the air so this year, he came up with the idea of taking all those toys, painting them, and making art out of them such as glueing those small "army men" onto a large frame in the shape of intertwined peace symbols. I thought that was a great idea. I also think that, as a society, we need to force toymakers to STOP producing toys for kids that promote such things as killing and injury, we need to STOP the production of electronic games that depict those things. To START, we should STOP purchasing such things for our kids. Do you, as a parent, not realize that such toys are brainwashing our children into thinking that violence is OK? Think about it.

Sorry for venting here but I just had to.

No rebuttals necessary coz this is obviously a very controversial topic and I'm not looking to debate the issue...just venting.

What Ever Happened To Good Old Tonka Trucks? They Got You Off Your Butt And Outside In The Dirt Whitch Helped You To Build An Immune System So You Didn't Get Sick All The Time And If You Could Get One In Your Mouth You Needed Help Anyway!

Do kids actually play "cars & trucks" anymore? Gawd, that's about all I ever played when I was a kid.

Had/have 6 kids, their best and most loved toy??????????????? Come on guess,,,,,,,,,

Around the supper table tonight my 5 year old grandson says he hit his brother with a Snow ball, funny eh grandpa? but then his brother informs us that throwing snow balls at school is notlowed any more in case someone might get hurt, and then he says that they were playing hockey and someone ended up in the hospital for stitches because they got a stick on the forehead, but they still play hockey, go figure.

Kids played a lot of cars and trucks when they were young (and so did I) but the whole world came to standstill when Allan got his mokocyle, nobody, but nobody, even Daddy, was to touch his mokocyle.

We buy to many dang toys for our kids anyway!:mad: What if we got them some sponges so they could wash our bikes instead?:whistling:

Now THAT is a darn good idea - and while they are at it - the car, the camper, the front porch, the windows.................

lets see .

Lincoln logs, marbles, spinning tops, jacks, pick-up-sticks, tom walkers, b-b guns, all are dangerous, but all used to be safe!!!

what happened to them?

i guess kids have become too fragile to actually go outdoors and play , anymore.

just jt

p.s.

and who is at fault , here?

jt

lets see .

Lincoln logs, marbles, spinning tops, jacks, pick-up-sticks, tom walkers, b-b guns, all are dangerous, but all used to be safe!!!

what happened to them?

i guess kids have become too fragile to actually go outdoors and play , anymore.

just jt

p.s.

and who is at fault , here?

jt

Answer: cardboard box!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who's at fault???

Maybe advertising: we're all led to believe that everything can be guaranteed, warrantied, replaced free of charge, that we expect that to mean everything. There is no real onus on self anymore. Government has to look after this that and everything else, insurance for what ever may bother us and on and on and on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,