IGNORED

computer harddrive

barend

I've finally retrieved my Dell Tablet XT. No data was recovered, my power supply has gone missing and I still get a message that it can't find a drive (duh!), anyways, i would like to see about getting it back up running but I've had to many "discussions" with Dell about this thing. Looking to find a 40G, 4200RPM, 1.8inch ATA hard drive. Any of you techies know a source??

Thanks

Thanks guys! I found the original paperwork and it turns out it's a 120Gb/5400RPPM, which Dell sells for $190.

I did a search on newegg and found only 2 drives for laptops of that capacity but it appears I'd have to know exactly what I need to since their chat line can't/won't give tech support or recommendations. If one of those works it might save me some money though.

Thanks again!

I've finally retrieved my Dell Tablet XT. No data was recovered, my power supply has gone missing and I still get a message that it can't find a drive (duh!), anyways, i would like to see about getting it back up running but I've had to many "discussions" with Dell about this thing. Looking to find a 40G, 4200RPM, 1.8inch ATA hard drive. Any of you techies know a source??

Thanks[/quote

Has anyone looked into digital drives? Noticed some computers going to them. No moving parts so battery life would be increased. Might be still pricy though?

I pulled the hard drive and looked up the part number. There is a refurbished one on Ebay which expires in 23 hours. any thoughts on refurbished drives??

Guess I might need a crash course on snipping (I think you guys call it).

As far as digital drives; I had the option to get one when I purchased this thing, though I like the concept it would have given me smaller capacity and a higher price.

I worked in the hard drive industry 24 years. I only buy drives from Dell or hp website. there is a reason, better quality key components vs retail market product. $10 more, I feel its worth it. you would be amazed at the mechanical technology in these things. jmho