IGNORED

Is anyone a fireman or retired fireman?

Oldseadog

To anyone who is or was a fireman/firefighter, my hat is off to you. I've just completed the helicopter crash rescue phase of my tech course in the navy, and it has been the most physically intensive course I've ever been on. I'm aching in places I never even knew I had! I also don't fear fire like I did before, I still respect it, but don't fear it. I also have a newfound deep respect for any firefighter who is putting their life on the line, either professionally or as a local volunteer. Thank you all! :clap2:

i spent 3 1/2 years as a "crash/rescue/firefighter, in the u s navy.

spent 3 more in the civil service, doing the same thing.

all in all, i liked the work - - at the time(1970-1977).

now 40 years down the road, i have asbestosis, thanks to my UNCLE SAM, and there is nothing i can do about it.

just jt:ignore:

i spent 3 1/2 years as a "crash/rescue/firefighter, in the u s navy.

spent 3 more in the civil service, doing the same thing.

all in all, i liked the work - - at the time(1970-1977).

now 40 years down the road, i have asbestosis, thanks to my UNCLE SAM, and there is nothing i can do about it.

just jt:ignore:

Go online and search for open lawsuits. They are out there as long as you can prove you have worked with or around asbestos....

Volunteer Department for 11 years.

Paid Department for 5 years.

EMS First Responder for 5 years.

You don't do it for the money, or the glory. You do it because you have the desire to help others....with nothing in return.

I am still on the Fire Brigade at work, but we do it to protect our fellow workers and equipment. Powerhouse is a dangerous enough place to work as it is.

I hope you do well, and stay safe.

Edited by Monty

25 years ago this past September I began a fantastic journey on a career path I had no idea would work out so well. I began firefighting and ems work unsuspectingly however once it got in my blood it has totally taken over. I do have a life besides my career but LOVE every shift I pull and hope to go another 5 years.

Thanks for your note.

Norm

• 4 months later...

15 years with a volunteer fire department in Wisconsin - 6 as the Fire Chief. We get to do everything from structure fires, grass fires, vehicle extrication, etc. I wouldn't trade my time as a firefighter for anything. It's where I met most of my friends and most importantly, where I met my wife. If there is anyone out there who has ever wondered about becomming a VFF I would very strongly suggest stopping by your local fire station and inquiring.

Is there anyone out there who has customized their RSTD in honor of the fire service? I'd love to see pics.

Stay safe...

For the brief few months I worked at Pierce (anybody have any of "our" trucks?) here in Wisconsin, a big deal was made of the following HD. Only two of them were made- one that was donated to NFFF and then they decided to do up another one as a raffle prize because there was quite a bit of interest from the workers.

http://nfff.fullthrottlesupport.com/cyclespecs2.html

I have spent some time myself in emergency services. Im not sure what it means but I have a shiny white hat :confused24:

If I was told today I could not be involved with my department it would be like loosing a family member. If I didnt have the fire department id be totally lost.

For the brief few months I worked at Pierce (anybody have any of "our" trucks?) here in Wisconsin, a big deal was made of the following HD. Only two of them were made- one that was donated to NFFF and then they decided to do up another one as a raffle prize because there was quite a bit of interest from the workers.

My department has a Pierce. It was purchased in 2000. We love it. Maybe you remember it - it was black with orange trim to match our schools colors (just taking a little pride in our community). Anyway, I'd like to work some sort of firefighter theme into mine (it's black like our fire trucks).

If anyone has any ideas for a firefighter themed black RSTD, I'm all ears

My department has a Pierce. It was purchased in 2000. We love it. Maybe you remember it

Nosir, I'm afraid I don't. I was only there from May 2009 til mid Sept 2009. Glad you dig it though- they're definitely snazzy equipment.