IGNORED

5 dead in major motorcycle crash

midnightventure

I have not been riding as long as many of you have, but can say that I am learning that if a car is showing signs of wanting to get around I let them even if it means pulling over or takign an exit. One more thing we have to be aware of while out riding. May god bless and keep those that have been affected by this horrific accident.

For you law enforcement guys what would happen if an american citizen was in Mexico and was found DUI after an accident of this nature?

One story said the police didn't hold the driver that hit the bikes responsible but held the missing Honda driver responsible. I hope they charge the DUI driver also. Even if the other driver caused the accident, the drinking was a factor in what happened next.

the other driver should be charged with murder, time five.

Four bikers dead, one car passenger, and many seriously injured.

Just a family oriented club out for a nice ride in the country.

Lead bike said the car was going 90-100 and came from nowhere. As a Road Captain and Tail gunner myself, all I can say is everyone has to watch all the time, and especially the tail and captain have to watch for traffic coming from front and back. No way to tell if there was time to react, but if I had been aware of the car coming, I would have asked for single file right, and slow to let the car by. Not sure it would have helped, and please this is NOT a criticism of the people in charge of that ride. Sometimes there is just not time to react, and what I posed could have made things worse in this instance, just putting forth an idea to be in the head of others for the future.

The saddle tramps are a good local riding group. I know several of them and have ridden with them a few times. That stretch of road is narrow 2 lane flat and straight with deep sand on the shoulder. These were good folks who loved to ride. Here is a link to the story:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/nov/14/motorcycle-club-trying-to-regroup-after-crash/

Rod

The driver that run off the road has now been charged with DUI and was from Mexico driving his girlfriend's car. I bet there was not a penny's insurance on the guy that ran into them. Can you imaging how stupid someone would have to be to pass that many motorcycles at one time and i bet they get him.

RandyA

I hope your right Randy. I'm kinda thinking that there is no way they will find that Gold Honda Civic.

I hope your right Randy. I'm kinda thinking that there is no way they will find that Gold Honda Civic.

Probably not going to find it. Alos probably was a good thing someone wasnt there who was armed and had no problem chasing down the gold Civic. Not sure how long that person would be in jail. Not saying it would be a bad thing to go to jail over for a little bit myself.

David

• 4 weeks later...

No they have not found the driver of the Civic. There are a ton of fundraisers for the family's of the riders. Yesterday a Wendy's donated a percentage of their sales to the kids of one of the couples. Rod