IGNORED

What's Your Pet Peeve?

SilvrT

So, the bike is parked for the winter and the honey-doos are on the back burner and another thread about toilet paper caused me to think about this topic .... so, here's one of mine...

.... and mine is definately a guy thing... (but I'm sure the ladies will have some similar stories)...

It really "irks" me when I walk into the john and up to the urinal to see that some guy had peed all over the floor. I mean... who are these people that can't keep their pee IN the urinal? Do they know they are getting it all over the floor? ... Do they realize there is guys like me who are repulsed by stepping in some other guy's pee? Do they realize that by splashing it all over the floor they might also have soaked their shoes and/or maybe even their pant legs? What are they doing that causes them to totally miss the urinal....are they thrashing it side-to-side?? ... just who are these people anyway?? Just once I'd like to catch one of them in the act!! LOL

Now that's just one of my "pet peeves" .... let's hear yours!

(this should be interesting...) LOL

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IM 43 . I hate being treated like a child. And being in the construction buisiness, it happens all the time. Others who have no idea how to do my job alking down to me because they think their title gives them the wright............

Okay Ill stop now.

This thread hit me on a day when the job superintendant was haveing a bad day and figured I was his scape goat.

Later

David

why when im in a public john and doing my buisness

the damn toliet paper is way up there in a locked holder and i have to take my buck knife and pop that sucker open just to wipe well you know. damn why dont they at least hang some down on both rolls not just the one that soon runs out.

So, the bike is parked for the winter and the honey-doos are on the back burner and another thread about toilet paper caused me to think about this topic .... so, here's one of mine...

You put your bike away for the winter? And the temperature is not going below the freezing point all week (I checked the weather network site.)? Around here, we don't put them away till we have to shovel a path to them! Come on man...get a tourmaster suit and ride...there'll be time to sit in front of the fireplace when we can't lift a leg over a saddle!

Say...why do those guys water down the floor? Oh wait...maybe it's those types who have to turn and look at you when they talk...even in the John. Or they may be trying to clean dust off their shoes...or spray cockroaches on the floor.

Uh...I think I'll go to bed now.

my biggest pet peeve is being late. I CANT STAND IT. I usually am 15 minutes early, and my wife would be totally happy if we were 15 seconds early. I have to let her drive when we are going somewhere according to her time schedule. If I drive, I will be looking at some expensive speeding tickets trying to get there. She could care less. They say opposites attract, and they were right in this instance......

One of my pet peeves, is loud music in movies. I wish we had the option to turn the music off. Alot of movies have loud music, and the voices are low volume, so I have to really strain to hear what they're saying. To me, the dialogue is much more important than the music. I feel I miss out on some important things that were said, because the music started blaring when they were speaking.

Another one, is seeing people driving with a cell phone stuck to their ear. I see alot of people(especially women) that it seems they think their car won't shift into drive, or go, unless they get the phone going first.

Oh, I have many, many more.:bang head:

You put your bike away for the winter? And the temperature is not going below the freezing point all week (I checked the weather network site.)?

temp is one thing... RAIN is another. Besides, insurance is a waste when the scoot is sitting...so I never take it for more than 6 months ... and that ended a month ago.

I note from your profie that you're semi-retired ... which generally means you'd be able to choose your riding days... me?... I work Monday to Friday and sometimes weekends... I'm lucky to get a nice enuf day to ride when I'm not working ... and believe me, I take it when I can. Was out last week on a day permit ... $26 bucks for 4 hrs of riding pleasure.

After sitting on the saddle for over 40 years, I see no reason to punish myself by riding in less than nice weather ... been there, done lots of that ... no need to do it again unless I have no other choice.

You put your bike away for the winter? And the temperature is not going below the freezing point all week (I checked the weather network site.)? Around here, we don't put them away till we have to shovel a path to them! Come on man...get a tourmaster suit and ride...there'll be time to sit in front of the fireplace when we can't lift a leg over a saddle! Uh...I think I'll go to bed now.

Hey, at least he'll be sitting around that fireplace with a cup of hot (and free) soup while watching his favorite commercial!!!! :smile5:

Oh yea..my pet peeve is going to work. I need to retire real bad.

I guess my pet peeve is trying to do a job and not having the right tools. As far as peeing on the floor, I can still hit the hole except now in stead of holding a fire hose and am holding a low pressure water hose. The pressure is sure gettin weaker as I get older. Maybe them real old guys don't have enough pressure to clear their pants....

... another one ... going out or in a doorway ... someone else going opposite ... they barge thru as if you're opening the door for them!

Waiting in line at the checkout and the clerk is chatting personal stuff (not work related) with another clerk and totally ignoring that you're there... or they're having a gab session with the patron ahead of you... c'mon already!

(seems the older I get, the more easilly irritated I become LOL)

People leaving their shopping carts in the parking spaces and driving off, especially when there is a return space within 2-3 spaces of their location.

People cruisin down the road barely at (usually below) the posted speed limit in the left hand (passing) lane and won't move over.

Drivers who are so insistent to ride your bumper, then blast around you, pull in ahead of you, slow down and then turn off to another road. (usually forcing you to climb all over the brakes to keep from running them over)

Drivers who, even with an acceleration lane, insist on stopping on the entrance ramp and "waiting".....refusing to merge even though there are opportunities to do so.

People who always feel obligated to "one up' you. Doesn't matter what the subject or situation. If yours was bad theirs was worse; if yours was good, theirs was great. If you bought a brand new car for 50% off because the dealer screwed up the advertising, they got one for free!(or they got the same deal, but on a better car) It's always more than, less than , better than, worse than; cheaper, more expensive and on and on.

Last but not least (for now) are people who refuse to control & discipline their kids either in public or in your house and then get offended if you say something to the kid and make some stupid statement like "Well gee, they're only kids"; to which I say " true, but they are not going to run back and forth across the top of the back of my couch, in my house. I don't let mine, I surely not going to let yours".

"The curmudgeon has spoken"!

NO PROBLEM..............what in the hell does that mean. It seems to be a replacement words for your welcome. When I tell someone thank you for them doing their job then they tell me "no problem" I feel like asking them if doing their job is normally a problem but this time it was no problem.

I'm an old grouchy fatherless child and I could go on and on about pet peeves.

OK just one more since you asked.

This is also a bathroom peeve. When some one goes into the mens room and decides to turn the stall and toilet into their urnial, without lifting the seat. Then they commence to pee on the seat, the floor and probably thier pant leg and shoes. Then the low life leaves without flushing the toilet nor does he wash his hands.

NO PROBLEM..............what in the hell does that mean. It seems to be a replacement words for your welcome. When I tell someone thank you for them doing their job then they tell me "no problem" I feel like asking them if doing their job is normally a problem but this time it was no problem.

That is so weird ... Nina and I were just talking about this one a couple weeks ago. It's actually kinda funny but the truth is, if you look for it, more and more people are using that saying ... and especially younger folk. We're getting a "kick" out of taking note of those who say it and if it's someone we know, we mention it to them... and next thing ya know, they're correcting themselves and saying "you're welcome" LOL

Bad drivers:

• Motorcycles that pass you in your lane
  • People that run red lights

• Drivers that are not able to do the speed limit (80-90kph zone), but yet when it turns into an extra lane they instantly speed up to 120-130kph so no one will pass them; then reduce their speed once again to below the limit when it returns to a single lane.
  • People in cars or pick ups that veer left in their lane (and almost into the other lane) before they turn right into a driveway or another street. Kinda like they're driving a transport truck.
  • Pick up trucks that pull wide box trailers where their mirrors don't protrude out far enough to see behind them.
  • People talking or texting on a cell phone while driving, even when it is illegal here.
  • People that can't merge into traffic from a merge lane. Many will often stop at the beginning of the merge lane. What's with that?

No wonder there are so many accidents.

:soapbox:

Yep,same thing except over here they say "no worries" :bang head:

People who use the disabled toilets when they don't have to, and leave the same mess on the floor...don't they realize disabled people can't miss treading in it!!

Automated phone systems that have you punching numbers for 5 minutes, then make you listen to 15 minutes of bad music :fiddle: occasionally interrupted by someone telling you how important you call is to them:bowdown: and then the phone rings... oh JOY! .......... and the call is disconnected.:puzzled:

On the toilet theme: what's with this insistence that men put the seat down after using the toilet? Men, we need to take a stand, and insist that women leave the seat up for us!

Automated phone systems that have you punching numbers for 5 minutes, then make you listen to 15 minutes of bad music :fiddle: occasionally interrupted by someone telling you how important you call is to them:bowdown: and then the phone rings... oh JOY! .......... and the call is disconnected.:puzzled:

On the toilet theme: what's with this insistence that men put the seat down after using the toilet? Men, we need to take a stand, and insist that women leave the seat up for us!

You don;t have to take a stand, just pee on the seat. :innocent-emoticon:

Idoit drivers that their hand must brush against the turn signal lever as they are turning the wheel! You know, the ones that signal for a lane change AS they are changing lanes!

Automated phone systems!! Excuse me, I called to talk to a real persaon, not a machine. Of course, there are times I have a more intelligent conversation with the machine than the actual person I finally get to talk to...