IGNORED

My heart is saddened....

GAWildKat

I'm here at the house helping to hold down the fort....what I have learned is she was leaving work when she was hit, other driver wasn't paying attention and pulled into the intersection and hit her. The car behind her hit her and sometime in the whole thing her modular helmet flew off.

Just an update.... Valerie is to be buried in Ohio...I sadly cannot be there, her husband has asked hubby and me to watch the house while he is out of town. If there is interest in anyone from the boards wishing to pay their respects to her as a Retired soldier, nurse and fellow biker let me know. I believe the funeral will be in Dayton or Middletown, have heard of both places, so not sure at this time.

I will give the details when I learn them. Also, her husband plans to do a memorial ride in the Middle Georgia area sometime after Thanksgiving, if there is interest again, let me know.

I have been busy all week listening and talking to him, trying to help him grieve as he can. I miss Valerie so much, and it hurts to see her husband lost without her...my hope is he can find peace in time and move on in joy.

Thank you for all the prayers while Fred isn't aware that I posted here, I know it will help him to know others cared enough.

Kat,

First of all, let me extend my condolences for your loss. Something like this is never easy to handle. It sounds like you're doing everything you can to help her husband. Good on you, for that. Second, I'm in south central PA, so I wouldn't be able to attend the ride he is planning. Is there going to be a fund we can contribute to in lieu of the ride? Finally, has anyone considered contacting the PGR for her services in Ohio? I've ridden several missions with them out there, and they are very good at what they do (as are all PGR, in my opinion). Take care of yourself, you need time to heal, too. Don from PA

There is a fund being done in her memory, when I see him I can give details, I think he and her brother are taking care of arrangements with the PGR, her husband needed us to stay behind and take care of the dog and cat and answer any questions needed while they are away.

For those in Ohio who want to attend Valerie's funeral to honor the awesome woman she was....

Funeral services for Valerie Gay Whitaker will be held @1pm @ the Vineyard Community Church in Franklin OH. Go be with Lee and her brother Rodney as they lay Valerie to rest and hug them for me since I'm watching the fort here in Georgia. The PGR for district 5 was notified of the final arrangements.

Tell them Tricia sent ya....