IGNORED

Head gasket leak

ron07rsv

I have a 07 venture that i purchased new in 08, it has 40,000 miles on it and realy like this bike. Problem is that i have already had in the shop twice to fix water getting in the final drive and now the head gaskets are leaking. I know it is under warranty but this has me concerned for the future. Did i get a lemon or are there others with same problems?

Greetings Ron, I have an '07 with 25k on it and have had zero problems with this bike, love it. I would be concerned however, if mine had these issues. Does the lemon law apply to mc? I don't know but I think it has to be the same problem recurring with multiple attempts to repair to qualify to be a lemon. If they fix it right, it should'nt be a problem, just get it all taken care of while your under warranty. Carl

or not but, I bet he is. He didn't want to do our fork legs - called yamaha cust service directly (800) 962-7926 and after a little fussing at them and being considerate and direct, they did replace them. FYI - They are putting rear valve cover gaskets on it now. Dealer told me any oil leak on these bikes is covered under warranty - which I had never seen on here. This dealer here has been really good to work with.

When I bought my 07 from Michael in the US part of the import process was to get a "Recall" letter from Yamaha.

This is to ensure that any recall work has been done or is done before allowing the bike to be registered in Canada.

At that time there were no recalls on the 07.

Maybe its a tech bulletin which is differant.

Regardless of what it is called, I'm pretty sure the consensus is the problem is NOT normal, it is specific to the 07's and it IS covered under your warranty. Along with the changing of the gasket I would make sure they change (flush would be better) oil and coolant (or do it your self) since it is quite likely that if the cover was loose enough to leak oil out, there is no guarantee that you don't have an internal leak as well.

Hi Ron

I have an 08 manufactured in 07 that had the headgasket leak.Turned out to be a porous head which was replaced under warranty. I have had no coolant issues since. I also had an electrical/audio problem which turned out to be a faulty cable from the riders control to the MCU. That was replaced under warranty as well and has been fine since. I do not understand how you can be getting water other than condensation in the final drive. Are you riding through deep standing water?

Mike

I received a letter saying my bike had the head problem. If I remember correctly, it had to do with the amount of torque on the bolts. Any dealer should be able to run your VIN to see if your bike was affected and, if it was, was the repair done on it....

The regional service manager covers AL, GA and FLA. Not sure if more than that. It used to be Al Harper, and he was a super guy to deal with. Don't know what the new one is like...Evidently not too good. Al Harper was moved to the HQ as a Venture Guru for all the other regional managers to talk to when they had a question...

I believe there was a recall on the 07 for the head gasket problem. Other than that these bikes are great. The 5 year warranty covers bumper to bumper.

Took to dealer and my s/n is not one of them, but it is still warranty work. I will take it in for the repair at least it started when it got cold. Thanks for the reply.

Hi Ron

I have an 08 manufactured in 07 that had the headgasket leak.Turned out to be a porous head which was replaced under warranty. I have had no coolant issues since. I also had an electrical/audio problem which turned out to be a faulty cable from the riders control to the MCU. That was replaced under warranty as well and has been fine since. I do not understand how you can be getting water other than condensation in the final drive. Are you riding through deep standing water?

Mike

Water problem seems to be fixed now after replacing every seal from engine back also they at least replaced my bearings to. Hopefully after heads are fixed will be good to go because i do not see my wife riding any other bike after this one. Thanks