IGNORED

1stGen Fork Brace List.

If you think you might be interested in a Fork Brace for your 1stGen, add your post to this thread. If I get enough interested folks on the list I'll go ahead and place another order instead of waiting around as planned until next spring.

Just a note. I've been doing this fork brace thing for a couple of years now and at last count shipped over 150 braces. I do this for the members of this board, not for the general public. So if you want to be added to the list please be a supporting member. Thanks. :thumbsup2:

Here's a link to the classified ad that has the info for cost and payment.

1. Prairiehammer PD/shipped

2. MikeZ06Allen

3. Jayceesfolly PD/shipped

4. Longrider805 PD/shipped

5. wstuart

6. snow4brains PD/shipped

7. Ottawa PD/shipped

8. LouNY PD/shipped

9. kevin-vic-b.c. PD/shipped

Edited by Condor

Since I'm now a supporting member and appreciate handling improvements, you can certainly add my name to the list. :thumbsup:

Well, not really danger; I just wanted to get your attention. I feel really stupid about this. I went out to the bike this evening to see what kind of job it would be to replace the fork brace. When I saw it, it looked very substantial to me and shining my flashlight on it I noted the word "Superbrace". It seems that for the first time in a long time (Ever, actually!) I have purchased a used bike where a previous owner had improved it in at least one area. So, this means I don't need a new fork brace after all. Sorry.

Well, not really danger; I just wanted to get your attention. I feel really stupid about this. I went out to the bike this evening to see what kind of job it would be to replace the fork brace. When I saw it, it looked very substantial to me and shining my flashlight on it I noted the word "Superbrace". It seems that for the first time in a long time (Ever, actually!) I have purchased a used bike where a previous owner had improved it in at least one area. So, this means I don't need a new fork brace after all. Sorry.

No problem..... It's nice to win one every once in a while...... :)

I will take one. I hope I get my bike back from Earl soon. Can I order a CMU from you, too? Earl e-mailed me and said my CMU burned up yesterday.

Jim

I've added you to the list Jim. Sorry, I only do braces... But, lemme check and see if I have a CMU floating around in my 'stash'.... If not, entire dashes show up on Ebay. They go for a lot less than a new one from Y....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Please add me to the list. Been sitting on the fence this year and I think it time to get one. Plan on getting new fork springs also. Any idea where I should get them???

Thank

Here are springs

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/83-88-Yamaha-Venture-Std-Progressive-fork-springs-/200348810089?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ea5b83b69

Please add me to the list. Been sitting on the fence this year and I think it time to get one. Plan on getting new fork springs also. Any idea where I should get them???

Thank

Here are springs

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/83-88-Yamaha-Venture-Std-Progressive-fork-springs-/200348810089?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ea5b83b69

I'll put you one the fork list Dan. I got my forks from Bike Bandit... I think?? Around $65 bucks plus shipping.

OK, we're not at 10 yet, and maybe a couple of you have changed your mind, but I just went ahead an ordered another 10 fork braces. If anyone on the list would like to send money via paypal now they can. If not, that's OK. I don't expect to see the braces until after the holidays. $67.00 to a US address, and $77.00 to Canada via Priority mail. paypal@cast-aways.com

Edited by Condor

Paypal?

I was thinking about using my on-line bill payer. My CU would mail you a check (like a cashiers check) and you're not hit with any fees. Sound OK?

PM me which ever payment details I'll need.

And Thank You for doing this, very cool of you, especially this time of year. Like theres not enough to do already.

:happy34:

Paypal?

I was thinking about using my on-line bill payer. My CU would mail you a check (like a cashiers check) and you're not hit with any fees. Sound OK?

PM me which ever payment details I'll need.

And Thank You for doing this, very cool of you, especially this time of year. Like theres not enough to do already.

:happy34:

You can send money via Paypal and use personal/gift without incurring fees. That way I can keep all the payment records in one area and it doesn't mess up my silly little tracking system.