IGNORED

Audio Headset (HS) Not Option

Alabamacameo

I installed a J&M Headset/Mic unit in my helmet yesterday to use on my 2000 MM. I checked all the connections for the helmet unit, but nothing comes through it. In selecting options on the audio panel of the bike....HS is not an option...it does not come up after SP. SP and all the rest of the adjustable controls seem to work fine, but no HS Option. I tried the rear headset plug also...nothing. I don't know if HS have ever been used on the bike. I think the previous owner did not use them. Is there something that needs to be connected/adjusted on the bike, before HS option is made available on the audio panel and they will work? Or am I looking at a new "part"? The J&M unit is the correct one for the bike and should work if HS can be selected. Thanks in advance for your interest and answers...

Go through the Audio options until you get to SP, then press the Up button on the rocker switch. HS doesn't come up *after* SP, but while you have SP displayed, then push the rocker button -- the one that goes up and down, left of the screen.

Just to clarify...

while listening to music through your speakers, press select once. SP should be displayed, press up once and HS should be displayed. Thats all there is to it. Head set does not need to be connected. I know of no other settings that will affect this selection. :think: