IGNORED

Boy, if I had the money....

Condor

The problem have with trailers in general is:

1. Your not riding your bike

2. A single person could easily eat out for $40 and stay at a motel for $60 or around $100 a day, with wife would be $80 to eat and $60 for motel($140).

So lets say camper costs $7000

7000/100=70 days

7000/140=50 days

So, for a 2 week trip, 14 days, single, it would be $1400 (if your splitting motel costs with another rider it would be $420 less).

I guess it all depends on how much travelin you do and how long you intend on staying there. They would be perfect for extended stays. If one is retired and they wanted to go across the country in the winter they could stop at places for a week or so. A toy hauler would be better as you get stove, fridge, tv, AC etc... Keep in mind a lot of the campgrounds are $35-40 per night.

2. A single person could easily eat out for $40 and stay at a motel for $60 or around $100 a day, with wife would be $80 to eat and $60 for motel($140).

7000/100=70 days

7000/140=50 days

So, for a 2 week trip, 14 days, single, it would be $1400 (if your splitting motel costs with another rider it would be $420 less).

I guess it all depends on how much travelin you do and how long you intend on staying there. They would be perfect for extended stays. If one is retired and they wanted to go across the country in the winter they could stop at places for a week or so. A toy hauler would be better as you get stove, fridge, tv, AC etc... Keep in mind a lot of the campgrounds are $35-40 per night.

That's assuming that you're a young stud and can still put on 600-700 mile days. I'm knocking on the door of 70... don't feel like it, but hey.... I trailered the bike to Cody last year and rode it all week over Bear Tooth and Yellowstone. It would have been neat to have something like this and 'camp out' over at the Ponderosa. The only draw back to the trip was the cost of fuel for the truck. Whew!!! :mo money: If I could have cut down on the motel bill maybe it wouldn't have been as traumatic.... :) A toy hauler would be nice, but lets face it, most of the time we're eating out in groups. 'Bout the only thing extra that might be needed is a Port-a-Potty for those midnight runs.... :big-grin-emoticon:

7000/100=70 days

7000/140=50 days

Capt joe, thats all okay, if you don't mind riding in the rain, or knowing that thats the only means of transportion you have. I'm sure years back when we all started riding, it was an awsome way to travel all the time. But for some of us, the wife would like more comfort, more enjoyable means of travel in the cold and rainy days, where the travel doesn't have to slow down. Joe, I for one have better then 30 years in the saddle, owned eleven bikes, pushing a half a million miles under my belt. and look forword to, a more enjoyable means of getting there, and then ride around while there. some of my Issues are medical related.

For my wife and I, comfort, in traveling makes the trip more enjoyable. my hard ass biker rule, has long fallen to the way side.

After all its not how you get there, its that you get there, to meet up with Old friends, and make some new ones. Its way we're a great family

My Sunday sermon is done.:2143::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

The wife wanted something with a bathroom. and I thought the engagement ring was expensive:mo money::mo money::mo money::Venture::confused24::whistling::biker: