IGNORED

Valve Stems

plainmd

If I remember correctly the rear has a smaller hole then the front. I used the rear stock elbow up front once and it barely sealed. I went with an aftermarket front angled valve instead, available at most cycle shops. What I did do however was have the stems rotated to come out on the right side (highside) of the bike so it makes adding air a little easier. :smile5:

Do NOT - whatever you do - get a 90 degree that has rubber at the base - example of one I got from Cycle Gear on day and had installed on my front tire. That rubber base developed a hair line crack - causing a front tire blow out at 50MPH - wasn't fun. Immediatly had it replaced with an all metal (or whatever) 90 degree stem. Evidently, those rubber based ones came from China - and from my understanding, all were recalled for the reason above.

Ditto on every thing Lone Eagle said. I was going 65 MPH with my wife on the back when my front tire went out because of the valve stem. Only get the all medal valve stems. The one's I found on the internet were Yamaha racing ones. The were guarenteed for 10 years and said not to replace them with the next tire change.