IGNORED

Whooot! Score!

Owen

As a couple of you may know, I was laid off my job Christmas week 2009. :doh: I have tried everything I could think of to find a job with almost zero luck. I worked a few weeks on an assembly line putting together electronics items for military hummers. Very hard work... very low pay... I just could not find anyone who was willing to hire a 55yr old, over qualified, over experienced, over eager medical imaging engineer. So I decided to make a go of it on my own. The opportunities were good, but the bureaucracy was greater. How do you float a 4 million dollar liability bond when you are unemployed? You don't. So that cut my opportunities by 90%. Still I managed to find enough work to keep my head above water. I had secured a contract to work for a local small service company that has kept the lights on and food on the table. Today that contract turned into a full time job with the company! :happy65: It is far from the six figures I was making but will certainly turn into an adequate salary. With this will come medical insurance and the ability to allow my Navigator to retire. Just like so many others, it has been a hard 10-12 months. Finally, some breathing room... :happy34:

Congrates to you Owen

I know the pain I have been there and bought the T shirt.

I can't express in words just how greatfull I was to get back to work after being off so long.

God bless and God's speed. May you find all of what you are looking for.

Bubber :missingtooth:

Congrats! I used to be an Imaging Engineer myself. Personally, I got tired of traveling so much, when my kids were still young.

Here's who I worked for.

http://remedpar.com/

Again, congrats.:clap2:

Remedpar! I have purchased many items from them over the years. I also attended a CT service class there... its a small world! :happy34:

congrats Owen!!!! never realized that you were 55 years old when you was here.. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::clap2::sign outstanding:

Well I may not look it but I enlisted in the Air Force during Viet Nam... and I sometimes feel like I have aged 20yrs in the last year!

:puzzled:

Thats awesome news my friend! I know all about the not working thing. I may crab a a bit about the hours I'm putting in now, but I am grateful to be working and actually have a little money in the bank. All the best with the new position and to Margaret for being able to retire

:thumbsup2: