IGNORED

Crickett is going to the Doctor tomorrow!!!

Guest KitCarson

Guest KitCarson

I have a lot to say to all of you, but first I want to thank three members in this group. Without their input and suggestions, I would be riding a Harley tomorrow. First I want to thank Blackjack for reminding me how to put things into sequence, he brought me back to my senses on a few things. I want to thank Muffinman for a few suggestions he had, hey Jeff when you read this, a super qualified mechanic is getting on a plane right now. Orrin, thanks for your suggestion to send my letter registered. I did you one better, I sent it overnight certified delivery and required a signature.

I also want to let you all know, if any of you are having a problem with this clutch whine issue and the dealer will not take care of it for you, call me. I have a contact number and I can talk to the Chief service manager for Yamaha direct. No I will not give that number out, I wish to respect the man and not have him flooded with nonsense calls, but if you need some help....give me a call. You should also be aware that most of the time.......not always, but most of the time, these dealers have the I-basket and all the related parts on hand, or can get them overnight, so when one of them tells you some nonsense story about having to contact Yamaha and makes you wait three weeks.....that is what it is NONSENSE!! They are in reality telling you.........we do not know.........please go away!

I also now know the whine or chirp as it is called is not specifically the clutch basket. It is the riveted on main drive gear on the back of the basket......I will know more about this tomorrow. I also know there are more than one basket design and type.....some suit one application.......some another..........I also know the statement made by some dealers that all the I basket does is move the sound from one resonance to another.......is another NONSENSE statement. The bike should and will run quiet........Yamaha knows how to do this.

In any event Crickett is going to the Doctor tomorrow. Everything is in place. I got a call from Yamaha early this morning, I had a nice conversation with the fellow and made a few suggestions, and listened to some of his.......bottom line........I am making a run up to Rock Hill in the morning and they are going to ride Crickett and fix her all tomorrow while I hang out and try to behave.

Yamaha will respond , and they will take care of you. Yes you have to bypass the dealer and fight your way to get in touch with the right people.....but it can be done. The upper management people are quite nice.......prompt, and concerned with the representation of their product and the use of it by people just like us.

I hope I have said all this correctly and to the point. I will let you all know the final result tomorrow evening. I have to fill Crickett up with gas and find my thermal shirt and get ready for a ride up the interstate(90 miles) in the morning.

Respectfully

Kit:thumbsup:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Kit....good luck. Hope it all works out for you. I remain a bit skeptical.

If it is true that Yamaha "knows how to do this" (make the Venture run quietly), then I have to ask.....WHY DON'T THEY BUILD THEM THAT WAY IN THE FIRST PLACE????

To my knowledge, the problem has existed in every production year of the 2nd Generation Venture. Again....if they know how to make them quiet, then producing and selling bikes with a Cricket inside is nothing short of irresponsible. It doesn't fit with your description: The upper management people are quite nice.......prompt, and concerned with the representation of their product and the use of it by people just like us.

I'm not attacking YOU, Kit....just remain skeptical of Yamaha's management and dealer network.

I have a lot to say to all of you, but first I want to thank three members in this group. Without their input and suggestions, I would be riding a Harley tomorrow. First I want to thank Blackjack for reminding me how to put things into sequence, he brought me back to my senses on a few things. I want to thank Muffinman for a few suggestions he had, hey Jeff when you read this, a super qualified mechanic is getting on a plane right now. Orrin, thanks for your suggestion to send my letter registered. I did you one better, I sent it overnight certified delivery and required a signature.

I also want to let you all know, if any of you are having a problem with this clutch whine issue and the dealer will not take care of it for you, call me. I have a contact number and I can talk to the Chief service manager for Yamaha direct. No I will not give that number out, I wish to respect the man and not have him flooded with nonsense calls, but if you need some help....give me a call. You should also be aware that most of the time.......not always, but most of the time, these dealers have the I-basket and all the related parts on hand, or can get them overnight, so when one of them tells you some nonsense story about having to contact Yamaha and makes you wait three weeks.....that is what it is NONSENSE!! They are in reality telling you.........we do not know.........please go away!

I also now know the whine or chirp as it is called is not specifically the clutch basket. It is the riveted on main drive gear on the back of the basket......I will know more about this tomorrow. I also know there are more than one basket design and type.....some suit one application.......some another..........I also know the statement made by some dealers that all the I basket does is move the sound from one resonance to another.......is another NONSENSE statement. The bike should and will run quiet........Yamaha knows how to do this.

In any event Crickett is going to the Doctor tomorrow. Everything is in place. I got a call from Yamaha early this morning, I had a nice conversation with the fellow and made a few suggestions, and listened to some of his.......bottom line........I am making a run up to Rock Hill in the morning and they are going to ride Crickett and fix her all tomorrow while I hang out and try to behave.

Yamaha will respond , and they will take care of you. Yes you have to bypass the dealer and fight your way to get in touch with the right people.....but it can be done. The upper management people are quite nice.......prompt, and concerned with the representation of their product and the use of it by people just like us.

I hope I have said all this correctly and to the point. I will let you all know the final result tomorrow evening. I have to fill Crickett up with gas and find my thermal shirt and get ready for a ride up the interstate(90 miles) in the morning.

Respectfully

Kit:thumbsup:

thank goodness kit you have been saved.welcome back.you'll love your new bike when you get it back.and think of all the warranty you have left.:clap2::clap2::clap2::2133:

Kit,

I hope everything goes as you say tomorrow. Let us know. I took my screamer, not my wife, my motorcycle, to the doctor tuesday. I haven't heard from the dealer as of this moment. Here's what happened. My wife and I left home thursday for the North Carolina mountains and put almost 1100 miles on my bike by the time we got home sunday. We went from Albany, Ga to Albany, Kentucky. I don't tell my wife whenever there is a problem with the bike such as vibration or whining. That way she won't have any preconcieved notions and will tell me if she can tell there is a problem. By the time we got to Macon, GA thursday she said the screaming was killing her ears so we stopped at a sporting goods store and bought ear plugs. I know it isn't just me when she tells me the bike is screaming. We met up with my brother and sister in law friday morning in Clayton, GA and they rode with us. He has a goldwing. At breakfast sunday morning he told me he heard my bike screaming and asked how I could stand listening to that all day. A perfect trip was ruined by the screaming transmission. Even with ear plugs you can't hear the motor running because of the loud scream. I turned the radio up until the music was distorted but you couldn't listen to it over the scream. I had an I basket installed at approx 18,000 miles and the whine went completely away but gradually started coming back until now, 28,000 miles, it starts at 30 mph and gets louder until at 60 to 80 mph it hurts your ears. I am fed up and ready to fight yamaha. Tuesday morning I took my bike toTallahassee, Fl and left it. The service manager said that the factory rep for yamaha was at the dealership then looking at another bike. He said he would have him test ride my bike. I told the service manager I didn't care what they had to do but I either wanted my bike fixed or yamaha to swap another bike for mine. He said they recently had a warrior that they couldn't get to run right so yamaha told them to crete it up and ship it back to Japan and they gave the guy a new warrior. This particular factory rep has worked on my bike once before. He came from Titusville, Fl to hear in Albany, GA to look at my bike because I was getting a bad vibration. I am on my fourth rear diff. Back when I was having trouble with the read end vibration I talked to the regional district service manager with yamaha and he was very pleasant to talk to. I don't know what I will hear from the service manager. One other thing. I have two friends thave have ventures. One has a 99 and the other has an 04. I rode their bikes and there was no whine. They rode my bike and said they couldn't put up with the whine in my bike. Kit, I have been very encouraged by what you have done and by what you said in this thread. Thanks for your work. I hope soon I can quit tellling everyone I have a screamin eagle venture. Eddie Hall

Guest KitCarson
Well, Kit....good luck. Hope it all works out for you. I remain a bit skeptical.

If it is true that Yamaha "knows how to do this" (make the Venture run quietly), then I have to ask.....WHY DON'T THEY BUILD THEM THAT WAY IN THE FIRST PLACE????

To my knowledge, the problem has existed in every production year of the 2nd Generation Venture. Again....if they know how to make them quiet, then producing and selling bikes with a Cricket inside is nothing short of irresponsible. It doesn't fit with your description: The upper management people are quite nice.......prompt, and concerned with the representation of their product and the use of it by people just like us.

I'm not attacking YOU, Kit....just remain skeptical of Yamaha's management and dealer network.

You do not have to worry about me.....a lady called me a d.......South Carolina shiftless Redneck today!! I am still tickled over that one!! It all has to do with production.......many hands in the fire, a bike or a steak knife is produced all over the world......not just in one factory.......let me think about how to tell you......remind me .......I want to think about how to say this one. Kit

Guest KitCarson
Kit,

I hope everything goes as you say tomorrow. Let us know. I took my screamer, not my wife, my motorcycle, to the doctor tuesday. I haven't heard from the dealer as of this moment. Here's what happened. My wife and I left home thursday for the North Carolina mountains and put almost 1100 miles on my bike by the time we got home sunday. We went from Albany, Ga to Albany, Kentucky. I don't tell my wife whenever there is a problem with the bike such as vibration or whining. That way she won't have any preconcieved notions and will tell me if she can tell there is a problem. By the time we got to Macon, GA thursday she said the screaming was killing her ears so we stopped at a sporting goods store and bought ear plugs. I know it isn't just me when she tells me the bike is screaming. We met up with my brother and sister in law friday morning in Clayton, GA and they rode with us. He has a goldwing. At breakfast sunday morning he told me he heard my bike screaming and asked how I could stand listening to that all day. A perfect trip was ruined by the screaming transmission. Even with ear plugs you can't hear the motor running because of the loud scream. I turned the radio up until the music was distorted but you couldn't listen to it over the scream. I had an I basket installed at approx 18,000 miles and the whine went completely away but gradually started coming back until now, 28,000 miles, it starts at 30 mph and gets louder until at 60 to 80 mph it hurts your ears. I am fed up and ready to fight yamaha. Tuesday morning I took my bike toTallahassee, Fl and left it. The service manager said that the factory rep for yamaha was at the dealership then looking at another bike. He said he would have him test ride my bike. I told the service manager I didn't care what they had to do but I either wanted my bike fixed or yamaha to swap another bike for mine. He said they recently had a warrior that they couldn't get to run right so yamaha told them to crete it up and ship it back to Japan and they gave the guy a new warrior. This particular factory rep has worked on my bike once before. He came from Titusville, Fl to hear in Albany, GA to look at my bike because I was getting a bad vibration. I am on my fourth rear diff. Back when I was having trouble with the read end vibration I talked to the regional district service manager with yamaha and he was very pleasant to talk to. I don't know what I will hear from the service manager. One other thing. I have two friends thave have ventures. One has a 99 and the other has an 04. I rode their bikes and there was no whine. They rode my bike and said they couldn't put up with the whine in my bike. Kit, I have been very encouraged by what you have done and by what you said in this thread. Thanks for your work. I hope soon I can quit tellling everyone I have a screamin eagle venture. Eddie Hall

Hi Eddie......yes let us wait....tomorrow will tell the tale........but I found out you have to go past the dealer.......past the district rep....past all of them.......to the man. If mine works out okay..I will call to say a heartfelt thank you. I will also again discuss this site with him......the reputation of it......the misinformation from dealer ignorance . that gets in the mix... it only takes a mechanic that knows what he is doing one hour to change a clutch basket....if they have to do the universal and or the rear drive....another couple hours.....even Cayce and I struggled through it in about three hours the first time....we wasted a lot of time cutting off allen wrenches to fit.......making a hook out of 30 pound test fishing line to get that stupid clip back in and so forth........If mine works out.....I will do my best to open a channel and help everyone who needs it.

you have to get past the dealer........that is the key.....to the man. Kit

Guest KitCarson
I'm glad it's working out for you. I'm looking forward to seeing you and your lovely wife at more meets in the future.

Margaret

Hi little one......yea I think she is kinda cute too:sign20: We-I was thinking about coming to the Zoo. I always forget I have three kids....Nicole is in College at Charleston......and they have some kind of Holiday break at that time of year.......but soon........after the snow is over. Kit

Guest KitCarson
thank goodness kit you have been saved.welcome back.you'll love your new bike when you get it back.and think of all the warranty you have left.:clap2::clap2::clap2::2133:
Yep been saved, :rotf::rotf:Actually has been fun to see what can be accomplished in one weeks time. Take Care Kit

NOW YER TALKIN'!!!

i figured, way down deep in my bones, that you would get this 2nd gen mess fixed or at least make yamaha, admit that they are aware of it!

you done good , kit!

only wish the best outcome for you and crickett.

then at least others with your problems, will have a glimmer of hope.

just jt

Does this mean that at some point new units comeing off the assembly line, Will Finally Be " Right " ???? As to the Clutch Basket, I mean ?

I had an '04 which had the noise and the basket was replaced with an "I" basket which helped about 75%. I now have a new '07 which I've had for 2 weeks now and I don't hear any of the noise in it at all. Maybe they got it right towards the end of the '07 run.

Who knows?

DT

Guest KitCarson
NOW YER TALKIN'!!!

i figured, way down deep in my bones, that you would get this 2nd gen mess fixed or at least make yamaha, admit that they are aware of it!

you done good , kit!

only wish the best outcome for you and crickett.

then at least others with your problems, will have a glimmer of hope.

just jt

HI John........Yamaha has never denied to me they have a situation.......my problems have always been with the dealer and the so called district reps, they run around and peer at their blackberry computers and take three hour lunch breaks. I have been treated very respectfully and promptly by upper management at Yamaha. And hey.........I deal with people daily, by the dozens.....I know when people are genuine.....and when dealers are not:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Kit

Guest KitCarson
Kit you might want to tell upper management that they need to advertise the Venture alot more and get away from so many star adds.

Good luck with the repairs and keep informed

Jeff

A big company has several upper management areas. The fellow I am dealing with, he deals with service issues with the bikes......I am sure he could influence sales......this forum is sometimes dangerous!!! I have a gut instinct about where the venture is going....and why ........and why some still have this problem.......but not absolutely sure......want to ask a few more questions......learn a little more.....do not want to open that kettle just yet. Kit

Guest KitCarson
I had an '04 which had the noise and the basket was replaced with an "I" basket which helped about 75%. I now have a new '07 which I've had for 2 weeks now and I don't hear any of the noise in it at all. Maybe they got it right towards the end of the '07 run.

Who knows?

DT

Anyone on this forum own a 2008 yet... I am also curious about that!! Kit

Guest KitCarson

Who knows?

DT

Anyone on this forum own a 2008 yet? Looks like the same bike to me......down to the last bolt.........Kit

I am making a run up to Rock Hill in the morning and they are going to ride Crickett and fix her all tomorrow while I hang out and try to behave.

If it would help in any way , Muffinman and I could possibly ride down , sit with ya and we both can try to help you behave . We are good at that !:rotf::rotf::rotf::stirthepot:

BEER30

Guest KitCarson
If it would help in any way , Muffinman and I could possibly ride down , sit with ya and we both can try to help you behave . We are good at that !:rotf::rotf::rotf::stirthepot:

BEER30

We would all get thrown out by noon!! Someone might find a bag of peanuts.

:rotf::rotf::rotf::sign yeah that: Kit