IGNORED

dunlop 404

oldgoat

ok im in a bind and cash is low..

my rear tire has been leaking off and on. bought new and only around 900 miles on the rear.

well i just got tired of it. i went to where i purchased them. theses are e3 on the bike now. well the shop manager said hey i will sell you these 404,s for half price.. a gentleman placed an order for them put a down payment and never showed up.

been sitting here for 2 months, buy both of them for $145. plus tax. and he will throw in the mounting. well i did and some how the bike just dont feel right? i dont care for the thread pattern. but like i said i was in a bind.

did i do ok. till next spring when i can do better. and how long will these last they seem kind of soft to me? unless he didnt put the right amount of air in them??

I had the 404's on our 04 RSV when we bought it. they were ok. not the greatest, but not the worst. you will get used to how the feel. they wear well. once you learn how to drive them, no problem. you need a bit of extra room. at least you are on the road and riding.

Start checking for wear on the rear at about 4000 miles. Had two rear D404's not make it to 5000 miles. It appears the OEM D404 and the aftermarket D404s are not the same. There will never be another D404 on my bike (if I have a choice).

They are the most expensive tire I have ever put on - and would be even if they were free.

Not a chance, never, no way, no how.

RR

For around town riding and short trips the 404's should do well for you.Keep the max pressure in those 404's. Don't expect to rack up a lot of mileage on the rear tho....I ran through 2 sets of them in no time flat before I got smart and went to better tires.

I liked the Michelin Commanders....very good tires and ran great in the rain.

Running my 1st set of Dunlop E3's on the bike now....They feel great so far. The jury is still out on the total miles.

Boomer....who never noticed that slight "greasy" feel on the E3's like I did with both new sets of Commanders.