IGNORED

I'm not sure I love my Venoms anymore

halfwitt

I have had Venoms on my RSV for about 7k miles. I maintain them well and there is plenty of tread front and back. I rarely ride in the rain but yesterday morning the roads were still wet from some overnight rain. I turned left at a stop light and came oh-so-close to laying her down. It wasn't just this one time but it seems to get very squirrelly on wet roads. I love them on dry roads but I think when I put new shoes on her next time I need to go a different route.

I have had Venoms on my RSV for about 7k miles. I maintain them well and there is plenty of tread front and back. I rarely ride in the rain but yesterday morning the roads were still wet from some overnight rain. I turned left at a stop light and came oh-so-close to laying her down. It wasn't just this one time but it seems to get very squirrelly on wet roads. I love them on dry roads but I think when I put new shoes on her next time I need to go a different route.

My Metzlers feel like that all the time on wet roads. So much so that now when I see rain I automatically pucker, even if I'm in my car!

don't forget that if it hasn't rained some lately the roads will be slick as snot after a light rain. oil, dirt and crud builds up and the water just makes it worse until it all gets washed off. here in indiana it hasn't rained for a month and the roads are looking a little shiny already.

don't forget that if it hasn't rained some lately the roads will be slick as snot after a light rain. oil, dirt and crud builds up and the water just makes it worse until it all gets washed off. here in indiana it hasn't rained for a month and the roads are looking a little shiny already.

I'm sure that has something to do with yesterday's near-whoops. Maybe 90% of it is half mental but they just don't seem to hold on very well on wet roads. I dunno. I'll see what happens next year when I need to think about replacing them.

If you rarely ride in the rain, you have nothing on which to base a comparison of the wet traction of those or any other tire. All normal street tires will have less traction on wet roads than dry, but some are MUCH worse than others. And some wet road conditions are MUCH worse than other wet road conditions, especially if it has not been raining haed for a while.

I do ride in the rain a lot, and I have tested a lot of different tires. Personally, I find the Avon Venom tires do provide significantly better wet traction that most other tires I have experienced. The Dunlop E3s are good too, but not up to the Venom in my opinion.

I hope you enjoy whatever you choose to run,

Goose

I had that happen last weekend. We havn't had and amount of rain and the roads were real slick and felt the back tire break loose. In PA down near Williamsport it had rained hard enough so there was no problem.

If you rarely ride in the rain, you have nothing on which to base a comparison of the wet traction of those or any other tire. All normal street tires will have less traction on wet roads than dry, but some are MUCH worse than others. And some wet road conditions are MUCH worse than other wet road conditions, especially if it has not been raining haed for a while.

I do ride in the rain a lot, and I have tested a lot of different tires. Personally, I find the Avon Venom tires do provide significantly better wet traction that most other tires I have experienced. The Dunlop E3s are good too, but not up to the Venom in my opinion.

I hope you enjoy whatever you choose to run,

Goose

Thanks Goose! Good points!

I've had Avon Venoms on mine for three seasons now. I'm a daily rider rain or shine. Been out there down to 17 degrees on them to. I feel better on Venoms than any other tire I've had under me. I trust them on the wet roads to the max.

I've had them break loss on me sure, it's gonna happen. The center of the lane is usually where it happens when I'm coming to a stop on a wet surface. On a wet morning I need to give them a little extra time to warm up as they feel a little slick right off.

Last fall I got caught at work when it started snowing. Pulled the cover off and headed home. It's wasn't freezing but it was staying on the road. By the time I got home all you could see on the front of the bike was where the headlight had melted it off. My neighbor, a non-rider, and thinks I'm insane for riding anyway came over and asked me "Weren't you afraid?" Well heck yeah! I was terrified I was going to get salt on my bike!

But like I said, I trust them.

Buzzin along the Pa turnpike last sunday @ 70 in the pouring rain, my Avons held great, best wet/dry tire I ever owned and with 12k on them they still look great.:thumbsup: Craig

This could be my post but with only 6K miles and not in PA. Hey, Craig's comments ain't close to what mine would be - Huh? But I was in the rain going back to VA after I left the M&E and my Mom's in Carolina. One thing we agree on - I do like the Avons.

MIKE aka Uturn

:Venture: