If you're thinking of also hooking onto a car, change the square connector to a 5 way flat. Otherwise go to a trailer sales, hitch install dealer to purchase the opposite square plug. Wiring is as follows:

White- ground to your frame

Brown- running lights

Green- right turn signal

Yellow- Left turn signal

Blue- Brake lights

This is assuming you have separate turn/brake lights. Most cycle trailers do.

You'll have to consult your manual for the bikes wiring code, it's probably different or do what I did and just look at it! Solder the wires together and use shrink tube on the joints, the only way to secure them properly. Or use shrink tube butt splices when you cut the bikes wires to attach the plug wiring. Second best way.

Good luck,

Dano

Yep, I have the same situation. Can anyone give a few hints on how to wire to the bike?? Color to color etc.?? The trailer came with both male and female plugs.... And can I asume that the bike is 5 wire, and I don't need a 5 to 4 converter?? :confused07:

Ooops!! I just checked and mine is a 6 wire square. It also has a black wire which I think?? is a hot wire for the courtesy light?? The rest of the colors mentiioned are right on. Where would someone tie into the system??

Edited by Condor

This is what I have for cutting the wiring harness out, and re-wiring Tail lights for the Trikes. I will just give the Bike side.

Blue = Run

Black = Ground

Yellow = Brake

Brown = Left Turn

Green = Right Turn

Are the bike colors the same, or do I need to 'stick'm'. Also where a good place to tie into the bikes wiring. Is there one loom that carries everything??

between the battery and the rear fender " remove the seat"

there is a harness there that you can access the wires, i purchased male and female yamaha style conectors and soldered them into the harness to make it removeable for my next rsv.

then run/ zip tie them along the saddlebag frame rails to your hitch point. into a flat 5 rubber connector.. this is what i did on both my rsv's

i also put relays in each wire feed to protect the bike and the trailer from any shorts, and to make my auto cancel signals perform properly.

mike

Condor, 1st gens and 2nd gens use the same color code wor wiring. You just match up the function of the bike wire to the function of the trailer wire. White hooked up to bike black, bike yellow becomes blue trailer, etc...

Yeah, I was just hoping someone had written them down... like T-white to B-black, T-blue to B-yellow, Etc. I've wired up a ton of trailers to auto and trucks, so I guess I'm just lazy.... :draming:

condor,

i hope the picture/ diagram i sent to you will help, and that it answers the questions that you have.

i don't have any problems with lights flickering or power loss, or self cancel signals at the bike, with the relays in place.

feel free to post it for others if you can get it to resize properly.

green right signal

brown left signal

blue tail lamp

yellow brake lamp

black ground