IGNORED

Here comes Earl

mini-muffin

That's Hurricane Earl. I hope this thing doesn't have a direct hit here. Worst part is they aren't calling for this to be less then a cat 4 when it gets close. Local news was out at Rodanthe and the folks that are vacationing are saying they aren't leaving. Kinda stupid. Once the storm gets here hwy 12 will be gone, after that they are stuck. That's really no place to stay when something like this comes through. Guess they never saw any of the news during any of our other hurricanes or nor'easters.

I'm not a big fan of these things, the winds scare me. Too many trees near us. During Isabel we couldn't get out till the fire dept chain sawed it's way in to us. Plus this thing is gonna be here at night. I hate that even more you can't see anything that's happening, not that I want to see it.

Well hope everyone stays safe during this. Good news is Fiona looks like she'll stay away. Of course then the next one may be forming by then.

Margaret

Guest scarylarry

Looks like a rough year for storms that is for sure we had a 100 yr flood in Nashville and still rebuilding from it and Opryland might not open till after the first of the year.

They call it a 100 yrs flood cause it happens every 100 yrs.

Be safe and maybe you need to consider on leaving yourself....Just a thought..

Oh if that thing is coming in, I'm not staying here. We live right off the sound with just the outerbanks between us and the ocean. Plus we have the river and canals down here. Flooding would be a definite concern here if we get hit. Otherwise I'll just sit down and get drunk while it blows by. They still think it will go by us, I'm hoping they are right.

Margaret

I have been thinking about you all over there. I hope you get thru this with minimal damage and yes, the best thing to do is get away from it.

I am still hopeing to maybe get down that way around the weekend of the 25th, which is one of those special birthdays in a person's life. We will just have to see how it goes.

I wish you all the best,

RandyA

Looks like you're going to get some of Earl's wind and rain bands, but not a direct hit. That's a good thing I guess, considering the alternative. I was worried for a few days, as we are leaving for south FLA from Atlanta on Friday on the bikes, and then on a 5 night cruise starting Monday. But the ship heads west to Grand Caymen and Cozumel, so we should be out of harms way by a 1000 miles or so. There are some scattered T-storms in the forecast later in the week, but otherwise we should be OK.

Now, if you want some outstanding riding weather, the north GA, TN and NC mountain areas are forecasting sunny skies and mid 80's for the next 10 days! WOW!

If you ride it out down there, hunker down and good luck!

:fingers-crossed-emo

Mini,

If you need to get away, we have a spare bed down here in Longs, SC and are supposed to be sunny and lovely all weekend. Hop on the Venture and come on down. It would be a good excuse to see you and the Muffinman again anyway.

Poledar:santa:

Well looks like all we'll see is tropical storm force winds and most likely some rain. Thankfully no direct hit, gonna be rough for Hatteras though. I live on the mainland side off the Albemarle sound. Pretty much any direction you go from my house 3 blocks is water, sound, river, canals and creeks. Thanks for all the offers we got to come visit, really appreciate it. Of course hurricane season is still young in these parts. Never really picks up till the end of Aug around here.

Margaret