IGNORED

CB radio roger beep

TEW47

In owners manual on pg. 4-6 it talks about Roger beep , what is it and what is it used for? My wife got to ride with me last weekend and everytime I turned the CB on it came up Roger beep. How do I set the CB for both heltmuts?

tew47

You or whoever your talking to releases the PTT button there will be an audible beep to let you know that a person has released the PTT button. So, if you are talking to me and you release your PTT button you will hear a beep. If I key up and talk to you and then release my button you will hear a beep.

The RB is transmitted at the release of the PTT switch. It is not heard by the person talking but rather by everyone else. The CB is automatically on for both helmets and she can talk by holding either PTT button. If she pushes her PTT and talks, she transmits and if you hold your PTT button and she talks she transmits over the radio. She might need to turn the passenger volume knob up to hear the CB better.

I really can't stand RB's or those truckers with echo boxes. Just annoys the crap out of me.

In the manual it will tell you how to turn the Roger Beep on or off. I'm not at home or I could tell you. I think you have to push middle button until RogerBeep-on then puch left button to display RogerBeep-off.

Select button until RB is displayed then the up/down arrow to change state.