IGNORED

2nd Gen front speakers

Kidh2

I saw and removed the philips screws but the front grill still wouldn't come off. I am afraid to force it and possibly crack it. The only way I can see the speakers can come out is through the dash removing the grills. Could there be any type of double faced tape keeping them stuck?

Jeepers I can not remember either, but I do remember that they go in from the back side of the fairing.

Seems to me the cover came of with the studs with them. After the speaker went in the cover with studs go through the slots in the speakers.

Brad

As others have noted you have to remove the phillips screw which releases the front grill. Because the metal frame of the speaker is kinda wedged in a slot in the inner cowling, the front grill, including the studs has to be removed in order to get the speakers out.

As suggested start the nuts on the stud and just lightly tap or nudge them to loosen the front grill.

For speakers I highly recommend the Polk Audio DB401 marine speaker. Excellent sound and durable for outdoor use.