IGNORED

Need your Wisdom

kantornado

My lovely 02 VENTURE has a problem (1st one ever, besides me).

She runs great down the road then she just acts like she runs out of gas, pull over starts right up then does it again then hard start then repeats and would not start. Had it towed home and she starts up now.

Any ideas???

Thank you in advance for your help...........................Ron

Possible fuel pump failure? It sometimes is an intermittent problem. Check for the clicking sound when you first turn on the ignition switch. You will get some more (probably smarter) suggestions.

That's what my 87 did and I could never figure it out till the the pump finally failed all together. It's hard to find the problem when it happens out on the road, you think it's fuel but then again it could be electrical. Next thing you no it starts and runs great. I would just change the pump and be done with it.

Vacuum lock.....

My old Yamaha 100 did the exact same thing run like a race bike then shut down wait a minute or so start right back up and run great then shut down.....vent hole in my gas cap was plugged. check your vent tube your line might be pinched or plugged up

never had a Fuel filter cause this problem... maybe thats why it was not brought up

My lovely 02 VENTURE has a problem (1st one ever, besides me).

She runs great down the road then she just acts like she runs out of gas, pull over starts right up then does it again then hard start then repeats and would not start. Had it towed home and she starts up now.

Any ideas???

Thank you in advance for your help...........................Ron

Mine did that, It would just quit. Turn the key off then back on and it would start. Mine was the connection from the ignition switch with the 2 wires where they plug in was cracked and causing it to loose co ntact for a split second. Cut the ends off and wired direct no more problems. Well at least until the ignition switch failed and man do they think their switch's are special $155.00 AND UP FOR A $30 SWITCH. What a joke and then it may go out again in 6 months.