IGNORED

Soon to be a "WingNut"

SilvrT

Since Nina & I have made the decision to sell our RSMV and buy a Wing, I'm probably going to have some questions now and then so here's a couple (did I say "probably"? :rotf:) ...

We're considering model years 2001-2004 (price dictates this) and am currently looking seriously at an '03 with 66,000 kilometers on it.

What kind of gas mileage can I expect?

Can handlebar risers be bought for them and where?

On my 2003 I got an average of 40 MPG. When I had to drive straight through from Lake Guntersville Alabama to Flint Michigan because of an illness at home I drove 85-90 all the way and it dropped to around 35 MPG. Don't know about risers. There is a red 2003 on e-bay with a buy now price of $11900.00 that looks good.

On my 2003 I got an average of 40 MPG. When I had to drive straight through from Lake Guntersville Alabama to Flint Michigan because of an illness at home I drove 85-90 all the way and it dropped to around 35 MPG. Don't know about risers. There is a red 2003 on e-bay with a buy now price of $11900.00 that looks good.

U got a link for that as I can't find it...??

I'm looking at an '03 at a local dealer asking price is $12,999 (I'll give 'em a looney and make it 13 grand)

U got a link for that as I can't find it...??

I'm looking at an '03 at a local dealer asking price is $12,999 (I'll give 'em a looney and make it 13 grand)

Its a long way from there but I have a friend that has(I think he still has it) a low mileage white 2003.or 2004. Last time I asked him he said he would take 11000 for it USD..If you get interested or anyone else Ill see if he still has it. BTW I went to Houston a few weeks ago running 75-80- most of the time and got 42.4 out of it..normally dont speed at all but I THOUGHT the speedo was off..... they fixed that in 2010 WELCOME to the WING world

Check out the classified on this board:

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

There are a ton there for sale from $9,500 up,,,,, may have to travel they are from all over.

And yes you can get risers for the GW I have the MBL Narrow or Standard that brings the bars back and in. In my opinion the stock bars are for apes they are so wide,,,:confused24:

Congratulations! You won't regret the move.

And, as others have stated, you should average around 40 mpg. My 03 has 79,000 miles on it, and I have added the risers as well. Not hard to do at all, and they make a huge difference for me.

Last month during my trip to/through Colorado, I got 47.8 mpg on one tank of gas. We were running in the mountains, very curvy and technical roads, so average speed was only around 45 mph. I was shocked when I filled up and calculated my mileage.

Welcome to the "red-headed step-child" group on VRO!!! We will accept you even though you are one UGLY dude! image.php?u=1656&dateline=1218134446&type=profile

:hurts:

Its a long way from there but I have a friend that has(I think he still has it) a low mileage white 2003.or 2004. Last time I asked him he said he would take 11000 for it USD..If you get interested or anyone else Ill see if he still has it. BTW I went to Houston a few weeks ago running 75-80- most of the time and got 42.4 out of it..normally dont speed at all but I THOUGHT the speedo was off..... they fixed that in 2010 WELCOME to the WING world

Hey Rick - If you find one you like somewhere down here and want some help getting it up to you. I might know someone willing to ride it part way for you :stickpoke: :smile5:

though you are one UGLY dude! image.php?u=1656&dateline=1218134446&type=profile

:hurts:

I don't know....looking at the signiature picture of you and your wife, same forehead....just take off glasses, shave off the beard and take out the false teeth.....hmmm.....could it really be?

Just sayin!:whistling:

I don't know....looking at the signiature picture of you and your wife, same forehead....just take off glasses, shave off the beard and take out the false teeth.....hmmm.....could it really be?

Just sayin!:whistling:

OMG!!! he's my twin!!! :rotf: :rotf:

my 2004 got 35 average on a 1200 mile trip pulling a Bushtec trailer. Most of the time with must me I get 36-38, with the occasional 40-42. I would love to see 45+ but most people I run with in the local Gold Wing club do 40 or less. Don't expect to see above 40 much.

Still, they are great bikes, but they have some old features. Such as no air suspension. Just a power spring pre-load, pretty old tech. The ride isn't as good as my '86 Venture Royale. But POWER. Wow. Makes the VR seem like it's always two gears too high! LOL

My long lost brother!!!! Wow, I'd about given up hopes of finding you.

Please make sure that your twin brother is a major beneficiary in your will!

:rasberry::rotf:

I "will"

....To my long-lost twin brother, and before any other disbursements of my estate, I bequeath all my debts to him. :rotf: :rasberry:

...To everyone else ... sorry, I have nothing left. :sign20:

I about 6 weeks ago I picked up an 2006 Wings at a dealer for $13000.00 with 143000 km. I have an 83 VR for sale.(hate to part with it) No comparison between the bikes won't get the wife back on the VR again. Rode home last night after work 9 drgrees c. Love those heated seats. As for milage I have not figured it out but I am thinking around 45 mpg.

Pam

As for milage I have not figured it out but I am thinking around 45 mpg.

I find this very unlikely, but hey anything is possible they say.

You most likely will find your getting around 38 - 40..maybe 41 mpg, after you figure it out.

But then again, if your riding at a steady 50mph, never give it any throttle..wind at you back, then maybe you are. :biker:

As for milage I have not figured it out but I am thinking around 45 mpg.

I find this very unlikely, but hey anything is possible they say.

You most likely will find your getting around 38 - 40..maybe 41 mpg, after you figure it out.

But then again, if your riding at a steady 50mph, never give it any throttle..wind at you back, then maybe you are. :biker:

Not sure how the math works (plus or minus) without trying it but remember, our gallons are bigger than yours (I think).

And Rick...I would be looking in craiglook.com for a bike from the US. Much cheaper me thinks.

yeah ... I'm taking my time on this as I got until next spring to make the move. Having said that, I can save a lot on tax by trading the Venture locally because ya only pay it on the difference and if I can find a deal where I'm not paying much difference, I'll probably do as good as buying stateside and importing it.