IGNORED

Timeout canopy

kbran

Timeout wants $149 for a canopy over the door on the timeout camper so I tried making one. Here are the pics. Used a 6 X 8 tarp and coleman adjustable tent poles from walmart and some velcro. Cost around $30. The only thing is wants to sag in the middle so I'm affraid if it rains it will hold water and pull it down. Don't know if it's because the canvas is 6" to wide on each side. Any ideas.

The canopy on my rolla-home is the same way. I use a third pole in the front center and make it tent shaped. This helped some but its not perfect. I was thinking of putting in a gommet in the center of the thing. I am kind of scared ruining it though.

Try a couple of cane fishing poles (if they're longer than it is from diagonal corners) to bow up in the middle and hold that sucker up. I imagine a couple of zip ties will help hold them in place.

Just an idea.....

Looks good as it is and if it's gonna rain lower the corner. No big deal.

Already have the tarp, poles, and ropes to tie it off. How did you put the Vencro to the tarp ?

Brad

Velcro is the white 1" stick on from walmart. I'm thinking it needs to be sewn on tho but it seems to be stuck prety good.

Velcro is the white 1" stick on from walmart. I'm thinking it needs to be sewn on tho but it seems to be stuck prety good.

Give it a little time to come loose and make a mess...:mad: Go ahead and sew it now before you cant..... but go slow the glue will bind things up, and break the needle ( more than once to I might add )

Go over to your local Home Depot and pick up a couple of those twist-lock adjustable aluminum paint roller extensions. Put one across the back between the loose gromets. I just get finishing nails, heat them up, and stick them into the plastic end piece for tips. This'll keep those loose tarp ends from flapping around. Take the other and screw... the plastic end has threads....a 2"x6"x6" board... drill a hole in the middle of the board to snug fit, it doesn't have to be perfect.... cover the board with a towel or padding and place it in the middle of the cover with another 6x6 on the bottom. I use the nail end type to make cockpit tent boom covers on my sailboat. Works great.