IGNORED

HID Group Buy?????

Flyinfool

I have been reading a lot of post of people getting HID.

I have the HID from HID Country installed on my bike and I love it.

I was looking around on the HID Country web site and noticed that they offer quantity discounts.

If we can get 20 orders together, the same setup that is on my bike will run $34 plus shipping. We can mix and match kits, so you can get whatever color or bulb style you need/want, or even get HID for your cage.

Is anyone interested?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested. Just one question.. What about the startup of the HID? Do you need to have a separate switch so that you start the bike and then turn on the headlight?

Wayne

You do not have to have a separate switch. I do not have a separate switch, yet.

This winter I plan to build an electronic module that will turn the headlight on once the engine is running.

Why should I do a simple switch when I can make a nice complicated module. :whistling:

I'd be interested. Just one question.. What about the startup of the HID? Do you need to have a separate switch so that you start the bike and then turn on the headlight?

Wayne

I don't and mine works just fine. It uses the stock wiring harness as the relay switch, and you run a seperate power wire. Start up is no problem.

Does it do both high and low beams?

Mine does, apparently it actually just rotates the bulb. After using mine at night, trust me that there is no need to use the high beam, it is incredible bright and people will most definately see you.

Does it do both high and low beams?

As long as you get the Bi-Xenon.

They have 3 versions.

1. A straight HID bulb with no dimming capability.

2. A straight HID bulb with a separate halogen bulb for the high beam.

3. The Bi-Xenon that has a small motor to move the bulb to the correct location to get hi or low beam.

As long as you get the Bi-Xenon.

They have 3 versions.

1. A straight HID bulb with no dimming capability.

2. A straight HID bulb with a separate halogen bulb for the high beam.

3. The Bi-Xenon that has a small motor to move the bulb to the correct location to get hi or low beam.

Bi-Xenon would be my choice.

Guest tx2sturgis

I hate to rain on this parade, but I ordered one of the $50 HID units out of Canada, installed it about a month ago, had it working fine, then noticed that when I start the bike, the unit shuts off. Voltage transients apparently.

We discussed this earlier this year on a different thread, and although there are some 'work-arounds', I feel that if this unit in manufactured for motorcycles, it should include some kind of startup delay, or ignition sensor, to make it fully compatible for a motorcycle.

I can not recommend them at this time. I think with this flaw, its a defective design. Your mileage may vary.

I installed a Sylvania Silver Star Ultra, highly praised by Goose, and it is working well so far.

Just my :2cents:

I did not get mine out of Canada, Mine came from the USA, The group buy that I am trying to set up is not for the ones out of Canada.

I installed mine last winter and it has been working great to date. There are differences between brands.

We need 20 items, 10 of which must be HID systems to get the group price.

I hate to rain on this parade, but I ordered one of the $50 HID units out of Canada, installed it about a month ago, had it working fine, then noticed that when I start the bike, the unit shuts off. Voltage transients apparently.

We discussed this earlier this year on a different thread, and although there are some 'work-arounds', I feel that if this unit in manufactured for motorcycles, it should include some kind of startup delay, or ignition sensor, to make it fully compatible for a motorcycle.

I can not recommend them at this time. I think with this flaw, its a defective design. Your mileage may vary.

I installed a Sylvania Silver Star Ultra, highly praised by Goose, and it is working well so far.

Just my :2cents:

I've got one of the ones out of Canada and have had 0 issues with it since I installed it on 5/1.

I did not get mine out of Canada, Mine came from the USA, The group buy that I am trying to set up is not for the ones out of Canada. --- We need 20 items, 10 of which must be HID systems to get the group price.

I am also interested, but had assumed you were sourcing from Canada. Any idea on shipping costs to us here in Canada - same as quoted or more?

I am also interested, but had assumed you were sourcing from Canada. Any idea on shipping costs to us here in Canada - same as quoted or more?

Same question here. If shipping to Canada isn't crazy, I'm in for a set.

Since the headlight is supposed to shut off when starting bike, do you mean it stopped working after starting the bike?

Guest tx2sturgis
Since the headlight is supposed to shut off when starting bike, do you mean it stopped working after starting the bike?

On the 2ndgens the headlight does not shut off when starting..or mine doesnt anyway.

I'm assuming the ballast doesnt like the voltage sag during starting and kills the supply to the bulb.

Jeff, I am in for one set of the Bi-Xenon. Maybe two if this will work on a 1400 Intruder. I've got a friend with a Road Glide which has two headlights. He might be interested as well. So I'm thinking that might be 4 of the 10 right there.

I'm assuming that they will fit anything with an H4 bulb? If so, count me in. I've never had to replace my headlight bulb as of yet so I wasn't sure what kind of bulb was in it. I had to run out and look in my spare goodies to find out as it doesn't tell what kind of bulb it is in the manual. Unless of course I'm not looking in the right place.

Bill